Pre-Insurrection Mastriano Prayed For MAGA To ‘Rise Up’ And ‘Seize’ Power On Jan 6

Before he became the GOP Pennsylvania gubernatorial nominee he is today, far-right state Sen. Doug Mastriano (R) led a group prayer with Christian nationalists a week before the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection in which he openly called for a MAGA power grab.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1431692
1 Like

Drip, drip….

18 Likes

To paraphrase my grandfather, “pray in one hand and s*** in the other. See which one fills up faster.”

26 Likes

I have a theory that says prosecutors are holding back on a whole lot of charges for obvious insurrectionists like Mastriano who plainly wanted to obstruct the official proceeding but didn’t do much of anything to directly fuck up Congress’s shit. If I’m right about that, Mastriano and other more borderline cases won’t get charged with obstruction until the D.C. Circuit gives its blessing to the charge against the first defendants to appeal their verdicts. That will probably be next spring.

51 Likes

Looks like they got God’s answer, of course they didn’t recognize it.

32 Likes

I’d like to know what makes THEIR prayers more relevant than MINE.

27 Likes

“. . . New Apostolic Reformation movement.”

Mastriano is having a movement alright.

9 Likes

He should be disqualified from running just like the Cowboys For Trump clown in New Mexico.

24 Likes

“Christ, what an asshole!” – Lucy van Pelt

12 Likes

Mastriano is a movement.

6 Likes

prayed for God to help “in these dark times.”

He was praying to the wrong guy.

6 Likes

50 Likes

My dad said that a lot except it was “wish” instead of pray.

7 Likes

Indeed. There are many bowels in his name.

16 Likes

Looks like another case of election-stealing by the majority coming in Pennsylvania

13 Likes

39 Likes

He seems nice.

9 Likes

Gotta boogie, but smeg needed three states to get over.

Just getting PA wasn’t going to cut it.

4 Likes

he won’t win

5 Likes

WOW - The content is chilling - The duplicity, dishonesty and deceit of Mastriano is beyond all that one might imagine for someone seeking to become the Governor of Pennsylvania - utterly disqualifying on the basis of ethical decency & integrity … he is addicted to lying! he piles lies upon lies upon lies.

Mastriano is a malevolent maniac … maybe people wondered about that before - but if you read this - it is clear - he is a pathological totalitarian zealot with insane visions of the kind of oppressive fundamentalist rule he craves to have imposed on this nation.

22 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available