PR Firm Working For Gaetz Threatens To Sue Journos Over Reports On Fraying Relationship With Trump

Logan Circle Group, a public relations and consulting firm working for the scandal-plauged Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), is threatening legal action against journalists for reporting that ex-President Donald Trump has recently distanced himself from the congressman, who is under federal investigation for alleged sex trafficking involving a minor.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1368877
1 Like

Bluster, bluster, blah, blah, blah.

:crazy_face:

35 Likes

Grifters all the way down.

24 Likes

When all else fails, threaten a lawsuit.

29 Likes

Logan Circle Group is working on Gaetz’s behalf.

Not a surprise.

The firm is the creature of a South Carolina Trumper, one of those “Christians” we all know and love so well.

21 Likes

Another instance of Elmore threatening legal action over negative coverage of the congressman appeared in the Daily Beast’s new report on Gaetz’s Venmo transactions to alleged sex trafficker Joel Greenberg. Elmore warned the Daily Beast that a lawyer would be “closely monitoring your coverage.”

30 Likes

How about let’s get ahead of this tap-dancing and start talking about indictments?

26 Likes

“President Trump issued a statement indicating that Congressman Gaetz has never sought a Presidential Pardon,” Elmore wrote in her email to the Politico reporter. “Such a statement would also indicate that President Donald Trump has not distanced himself from Congressman Gaetz.”

I think it can be reasonably argued that such a statement indicates nothing of the sort; but please proceed, Ms. Elmore.

39 Likes

Now it is a sure thing Gaetz is guilty.
This is trying stop more investigations into Gaetz’s lifestyle.

9 Likes

Bush leaguers. Threatening letters like that are a dime a dozen.

22 Likes

In this case, PR firm stands for Pedophile Redemption firm.

11 Likes

I guess reporting on Gaetz is like yelling “Fire!” in a crowded girls locker room.

5 Likes

Instructive all the Gaetz-related allegations that haven’t triggered a threat from them.

Be a sex trafficker, no problem. Be a pedophile, no problem. Alienate Trump? THAT demands an immediate lawyer’s letter.

43 Likes

“Logan Circle Group, a public relations and consulting firm working for the scandal-plauged Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), is threatening legal action against journalists for reporting that ex-President Donald Trump has recently distanced himself from the congressman, who is under federal investigation for alleged sex trafficking involving a minor.”
… … …
Damn thin material for a lawsuit. Plus it keeps Gaetz’s name in the sewer. Not good tactics or optics. But then it’s the Goober way.
If Gaetz had been a democrat he’d be looong gone. But that also is not the Goober way. They love them some scandals.

14 Likes

Wow, we’re terrified of an obviously-one-person “PR firm” who knows a dry drunk lawyer somewhere (probably Florida).

4 Likes

Bullies, and the Bullying Bullies Who Bully!!

4 Likes

I’m so old I remember when the GOP decried “frivolous” lawsuits.

37 Likes

How does former occupant “distance” himself any more than sitting in a tacky resort in the stupid state eating berders?

4 Likes

I hear he’s trying to convince Gaetz to change his residence to someplace up north to get more distance.

I hear there’s an opening in Trump Tower…

1 Like

That, along with the “it must be remembered that he has totally denied accusations” are hardly indicative of a close relationship.
I’m guessing that Gaetz’ Venmo hasn’t been received yet.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available