Pompeo Dodges When Asked About Potential 2020 Senate Run

“I’ve watched my life take turns that one would never have expected, but it’s not something I want to do,” the secretary of state responded. “I want to stay here and continue to perform the mission that I’m serving President Trump and, I hope, doing a good term for the American people as well.”

Mister Secretary, your good term has not yet started. But it will.

And it might even involve Kansas.

Leavenworth-prison.jpg
By Americasroof - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

5 Likes

If Pompeo bolts from Trump-- to run for Senate?
There will be no pardon when other shoe eventually drops.

Pompeo is neck-deep in Trumpsh^t.
Nobody escapes this cesspool scot-free.

jw1

3 Likes

Mulvaney FTW. He’s a good multitasker.

1 Like

Dodging and evading are about the only things Pompeo is skilled at.

2 Likes

He’ll do for Kansas what he’s done for Russia!

2 Likes

“Just when I thought I was out… they pull me back in.”

1 Like

doing a good term for the American people

How about life plus 25 years?

2 Likes

“I have watched my life take turns…” That is really a weird thing for an ambitious man like Pompeo to say. Is he like a fish in churning waters being pushed this way and that by forces beyond its control? What a fraud!

4 Likes

I do think that Giuliani and Pompeo are squaring up to fight. I wonder if Pompeo has more executive privilege cover if he stays in his SoS job. Does leaving that position weaken his response to the House or State of NY subpoena that is coming?

1 Like

Only for actions taken after he leaves the SoS job.

1 Like

Pompeo is too chunky to dodge effectively.

1 Like

I assure you, the living Koch Bros are a deep embarrassment to post Kansans. Ditto for Kobach and Pompass.

And Brownback, too!
And Roberts!
And Moran!

“I’ve watched my life take turns that one would never have expected,"

“For instance, I never dreamed I’d be propping up a traitor in office! Life’s a crazy rollercoaster, that’s for sure.”

“It’s my intention to continue to stay and serve as President Trump’s secretary of state."

Which means: I can’t wait to get the eff out of here, but I don’t dare go until Trumpp tells me when and tells me the reason I should give for my departure.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available