Podcaster Who Chatted With Alleged Jan. 6 Seditionist Says FBI Came Knocking | Talking Points Memo

Soon after a federal grand jury indicted several members of the Oath Keepers on charges of seditious conspiracy, accusing them of plotting to disrupt Congress, prosecutors cited an odd piece of evidence: Quotes from podcast episodes, recording on Jan. 6 and 7, with one of the alleged seditionists. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402187

makes sense

10 Likes

:musical_note:Someone’s knockin’ at the door
Somebody’s ringin’ the bell
Someone’s knockin’ at the door
Somebody’s ringin’ the bell

Do me a favour
Open the door and let 'em in :musical_note:

15 Likes

a cell

8 Likes

6 Likes

These friggin’ anti-science, anti-government, anti-vax nimrods have no understanding of cause and effect.

11 Likes

NOW?!?

They want to talk to him NOW?!?

It’s been over a year. I have zero faith DOJ / FBI is going to do jack shit about these Neo-confederates … much less state and local LEO. These people are VERY unlikely to come to your aid if / when your neighbors continue the insurrection that has already started. Hell … most of the ranks are Neo-confederates themselves.

We all (progressive / sane America) better start figuring out how we’re going to protect ourselves.

1 Like

We occasionally get a sewage smell on a windy day from a wastewater treatment plant in our county, but lately I think it might be coming from DT’s inner circle.

3 Likes

Yeah, they’ve really been sitting on their hands if you don’t count the 750 or so indictments so far.

12 Likes

He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas” Benjamin Franklin.

2 Likes

DRAIN THE [right-wing fever] SWAMP!!!

3 Likes

Ron DeSantis is reading this and taking notes…

4 Likes

I’m struggling to understand this:

he didn’t consider Vallejo a flight risk

I’d like to understand the logic here. Is he not a flight risk because he’s delusional and thinks that DJT & Co will return to power any second now? Is he not a flight risk because no other country would willingly take a dangerous extremist in? Is he not a flight risk because he can’t work out how to flee. Is he not a flight risk because he assumes his actions are on a par with wandering around the rotunda taking selfies and then shuffling out because he wasn’t part of a bigger plan.

At least he thought he was a risk, but I do wonder if some of these folks wouldn’t benefit from some help from mental health professionals.

5 Likes

(IANAL.) This is simply the judge being “helpful” to defense counsel. The Judge is saying: “If you wish to contest the custody order, you need not waste your time or mine trying to prove the defendant is not a flight risk; that is not my issue. If you want your client released from jail, explain to me why someone who was willing to overthrow the government by force of arms is not, quite literally, a threat to our society and everyone in it.” It’s just a courtesy.

10 Likes

I think I’ll start a podcast…“Vegan Victory” with Stars and bars carrot back drop. My fist guest will be Meat Head…the world renowned American BBQ chef and author. The American Cattlemens Association will be on next week.

I think that will work given all there is to a podcast is a catchy name and content that defies that name.

1 Like

Wow, bizarre story.

4 Likes

I count them … it’s a drop in the bucket.

1 Like

Representatives of the Taliban react to the DeSantis overtures …

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available