Planned Parenthood Exits Federal Family Planning Program Over Abortion Gag Rule | Talking Points Memo

Well, yeah. But more importantly vote those misogynist bastards out of office, 'cos the government is a lot better than charity to fund these things.

6 Likes

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please. Please!

6 Likes

I agree. I voted for him (wasn’t much of a choice), but still kind of wait for the “Ha ha! You forgot that I am, in fact, a rich bastard!” zinger that may come at any moment. But I really haven’t seen any signs of that, either in pre- or post-election utterings, or (more importantly) in policy decisions. And I thank doG every day that he had the money to match & defeat Rauner, who tried (ala Trump) to drive the state to virtual bankruptcy.

3 Likes

The Trump regime is keeping up its efforts to suck up to the forced birthers while simultaneously stripping the needy of health care. Who is more cruel — the hateful white “evangelicals” or Trump?

A tough choice.

6 Likes

Trump, having picked up (barely, by fractions of 1% of voters) Wisconsin, Michigan & Pennsylvania in 2016, was hoping to extend this streak in 2020 into neighboring Minnesota, which very narrowly went for Ms. Clinton. So Benedict Donald has recently hosted Nuremburg rallies in places like Duluth, MN.

Game over on that. Just about 50% of the population won’t like this:

–> "[In]…Minnesota, where Planned Parenthood serves 90 percent of the Title X patients, it will simply be impossible for other health centers to fill the gap…”

6 Likes

“grantees to confirm that they were complying with the gag rule and to lay out an action plan for compliance”

You can get that the otherwise totally incompetent trump admin will be right on top of these compliance agreements. Eveything else, they’ll continue to bungle, undermine, and actively sabotage.

2 Likes

That comes after gestapo-style raids from ICE on PP offices “looking for” undocumented migrants.

1 Like

Do both. PP needs the support now; you can vote later.

4 Likes

It’s easy to forget that the Trump Clown Car always has room for someone who can conceive of, write, and implement vicious policies. It’s important to stay aware of this. In the hubub around his Tweets and his fretting over bad polls, there are people in the bowels of the WH who are re-creating the country in their own brutal, twisted image of a “Christian” nation.

7 Likes

The Smile program on Amazon donates a percentage of sales to any charity on their list. I’ve been kicking my .5% to a PP in Texas for several years now. My state isn’t on the warpath to control women’s bodies, but TX is. The only PP I see on Amazon’s charity list at the moment is to a clinic in Omaha. Hopefully, my little bit joins lots of other little bits and becomes useful.

8 Likes

Hobby Lobby

Maybe if they put the woman’s rights in icing on the cake?

4 Likes

If you write Amazon and tell them so, they might be inclined to add more locations of Planned Parenthood. They need to hear from more reasonable people and not the crazies.

4 Likes

Is there somebody keep tracking of the reasons we need to dump 45 including the very obvious ones? Add another, if no one is keeping track.

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

That’s about the size of it.

I don’t expect to be surprised, but you never actually know until you know.

The Trump Clown Car is filled with “It’s” as in Stephen King’s well-known horror tale. Vicious, destructive, body and soul destroying clowns.

The court overall, for active members, appears to be 16 (D) -12 ( R ) . So 7 ( R) - ( 4 ) D was a really disproportionate ( R ) draw.

1 Like

So now we’re going to have a battle of the vaginas? It wasn’t enough to fk with birth control so now they go after women’s overall health? Did they not SEE 2018???

And so The Handmaid’s Tale begins.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available