I wasn’t aware that Perry actually did anything as Energy Secretary. Will anyone notice?
Perry had been dithering whether to resign or not resign…
FFS, just resign and get back to Dancing with the Stars and maybe avoid jail time!
Rick Perry: “They called us the ‘Three Amigos.’ The first two Amigos are Gordon Sondland and Kurt Volker. I can’t remember who the third Amigo is.”
wow i am so surprised it seemed like they were getting along so we.zzzzzzzz…
The Saudi nuclear deal is all on Jared’s bony shoulders now.
It’s gonna be swell to not have a Secretary of Energy as we try to figure out how to get our damn nukes out of Turkey. Since nukes are kind of an Energy thing.
Once again, Gilligan avoids going down with the ship.
Are you sure about that? Have you ever seen him dance?
Goddamn I miss Molly Ivins. Tho I think these days would have killed her anyway.
Actually he did a lot to undercut the Department’s functions. Nobody will really notice until the money’s running out of the bribesters’ pockets and we can’t breathe normal air.
wait for it, waaaaait for it…
With Perry’s resignation, the Dumbest Guy on TV with Glasses is re-awarded to Spongebob Squarepants.
I miss Bartcop! That guy would have eaten all of this up.
AFAIK, the Dept. of Energy handles nuke production, upgrades, and is in charge of the US stockpiles that are not deployed. Once a nuke is delivered to a branch of the military like the Air Force in this case, they’re in charge of those specific weapons.
I don’t think they’ll move. It’s a shared NATO asset that’s owned and controlled by the US, and Turkey is still a NATO member.
I wish I could borrow his crystal ball. The Onion won’t let me use theirs.
Ah geez, forgot about bartcop. Yeah, he woulda been a good voice here.
“The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquefied natural gas] plant,”
So…not about his War on Corruption?
Here’s a hint. It rhymes with Doodie. (Had to edit for the official spelling from Caddyshack.)
Perry Tells Trump He’ll Resign As Energy Secretary
Rick Perry: “There seems to be a misunderstanding about this. Let me clear it up. You see, I just read the reports from a couple of weeks ago about how I had already stepped down as Energy Secretary. So, I immediately phoned President Trump and told him that I would like to re-sign, as in re-sign up, as his Energy Secretary.”
The military is responsible for security and maintenance on active duty since they are in military custody. And of course maybe using them.
But the NNSA (National Nuclear Security Administration), which is the expert agency on nuclear weapon safety and security, would I expect be involved in any movement of nuclear weapons under unusual conditions – as when physical security cannot be guaranteed.
For example there may be procedures that they would recommend to inert the bombs in ways not normal under military control and may supply experts to participate in the removal process.
