Perdue Insists He Doesn’t Have Anything ‘Personal’ Against Kemp—Kemp Just Isn’t A Good Enough Friend To Trump!

The downside of having a party platform geared to support one man and only one man.

7 Likes

I like your perspective so much better than sniffit and other doom sayers on here this morning. Your reality is not pollyanish while their’s is so eyore.

5 Likes

Purdue may have been let off the hook for insider trading, but his record as the most prolific (and suspicious) stock trader while sitting in Congress is likely to stand for decades. Such behavior is old-school self-enrichment, much as one might see today in a Russian region, or provincial governments in China or Zambia. Is this form of corruption coming back into vogue in Georgia?

6 Likes

I assume Perdue was wealthy -even before he engaged in insider trading as a Senator - and connected so it’s incredible he’s basically running as Trump’s boy. It’s also stupid as no one ever came out ahead owing Trump a favor. It’s like the mafia, once you’re in, you’re in for life as far as he’s concerned.

7 Likes

I’m ignorant of Georgia politics and history. Has there been a time when corruption was punished in court in Georgia?

1 Like

They aren’t the only people that hold power. Why do we have to keep pretending Dems and Dem governors don’t exist? Plus, there are a lot of Republicans who could actually win in some of these Senate and gubernatorial races who are sitting out 2022. It’s not because they think their allies hold all the cards.

On that, we agree. A whole bunch of them will either already be in prison for what they did in 2020 and a whole other lot will land themselves in prison for what they do next year. And that doesn’t even include the idiots across the country who’ll vote three times to “test the system.”

Here’s the conundrum with that part. None of this Trumpist fever extends to anyone else. Trump is THE guy. All the idiots who are trying to cosplay some version of Trump are so hilariously inauthentic that they’ll never be able to get traction. And even if they did, Trump won’t allow it for very long. He’ll always find a way to suck every bit of oxygen out of the room and turn attention back to himself. Assholes like Hawley, Cotton, DeSantis, and Gov. Hot Wheels (I find that so fucking funny and awful and offensive all at the same time) will never be able to capture the Trump thing. They’re not billionaires who’ve been part of Americans lives for decades and they’re just not authentically stupid enough to captivate the GOP base the way Trump did. And none of them are naturally nearly as crude and despicable in the way that gets the base all hot and bothered. Sure, they try really, really hard, but it just doesn’t come off the same. So, while I agree that there is great danger in someone with an actual (fuckboi lol at this typo) functioning brain taking advantage of the fascist infrastructure created by Republicans, I’d argue that someone with a functioning brain is never gonna be able to appeal to the Republican base the way Trump does. They’ll never be able to appeal to blue collar types the way Trump and only Trump can. And the GOP knows this. That’s why they’re terrified of breaking with him.

11 Likes

I think he got rich by inheriting the family chicken slaughtering business and all the immigrant slaves who do the dirty work for less than minimum wage.

4 Likes

The continuing malign influence of Trump on the GOP is the gift that keeps on giving and it will not end well for them. The more experienced GOP hands sense this but are powerless to stop it. They know that Trump’s power over them is that he can make them lose. He can’t make them win. And individually they care more about losing a primary than they do winning nationally.

6 Likes

So what happened to Kelly Loeffler? She knows how to lose just as well as Perdue. Is she not welcome in the old boys club? And I mean that almost literally.

5 Likes

Ah, thanks. So he went from owing his parents to owing Trump. I see George W wasn’t the only Republican born on third base.

4 Likes

There’s also that wildcard regarding the Trump election case winding it’s way through the Fulton county courts. Who knows how that might factor into all this.

1 Like

It’s going to be interesting to see these pasty white guys fight over whose not white enough to be Governor of Georgia. That’s what’s going to happen. They’ll go down into the gutter without any self-awareness, while the rest of the country just shake their heads. I think their scorched earth campaigns are going to turn off a lot of people from Republicans in general.

3 Likes

Spending quality time and uttering husky moaning sounds while she canoodles with her money and portfolios?

5 Likes

It’s not personal. They have differences over policy. For instance, Perdue is in favor of insurrection, whereas Kemp prefers more traditional election-theft methods to support the kleptocracy.

4 Likes

Oh hell no. The bulk of them went to private prep schools. Then on to an Ivy League legacy admissions where they spent most of the time socializing with other legacy children making contacts for the future. They also inherited their aversion to taxes because of how it depletes their inheritance so born on third with a huge endowment to begin life with ala the dotard and his evil spawn.

5 Likes

YESSSS! Does anybody really think Liz Cheney is standing on an island alone and that she doesn’t have a whole network of the GOP old guard backing her play? Because I’d bet my last dollar she does, that she’s basically their emissary with the sole task of breaking their party from Trump and Trumpism. Because the old guard knows full well that all of this shit has a sell-by date for Republicans.

7 Likes

I think you’ve nailed it.

5 Likes

Add to that Perdue gave his word to Kemp he would not run against him.

2 Likes

Where did I say or do that? I didn’t. They control enough of the country’s electoral votes and districts and state legislatures to maintain minority rule and laugh in our faces about having cheated to do so. And we have an MSM eager to watch them pull it off and report breathlessly about it. When the system is structurally broken, there’s really no system.

“The common clay of the new west. You know … morons.”

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available