Perdue ‘Didn’t Mean Anything By’ Mocking ‘Kamala-mala-mala’ | Talking Points Memo

The reelection campaign for Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) is responding to criticism of what some have called a willfully racist mixup — claiming that the Georgia senator on Friday “didn’t mean anything by” what looked like a purposeful mispronunciation of the first name of the senator’s colleague of nearly four years, Democratic vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339073
1 Like

Macaca 2.0 for Perdue. It has made the national news and local news in GA. Every POC with a non Anglo name has heard intentional butchering of their names since they were kids. They all know racism when they hear it. These racists think they’re so damn clever but they’re dopes. Pretty dumb for Perdue to do this in a state whose electorate projects to be 40%-42% non-white.

89 Likes

Fuck you, Sonny. You were going to lose anyway, but now it’s your own stupidity that locked it.

31 Likes

Kamala, -mala, -mala, I don’t know, whatever

Harris.

23 Likes

Tucker, or Fucker, or whatever his name is, said what now?

38 Likes

There’s 2 Purdue’s from Georgia. One is Sonny Perdue , he’s the Sec of Agriculture and the other is David Perdue, who is one of the Senator’s from Georgia!
Both as crooked as you can get!

22 Likes

Surely there’s footage of Perdue pronouncing her name correctly over the past four years. Somebody needs to put together a supercut of those clips for an ad calling Perdue an out-and-out racist liar.

18 Likes

Perdue is a gutless empty suit. Just like most Republican senators.

14 Likes

I don’t know about you, and maybe the audio quality is misleading me, but the more I listen to it, the more I hear, “Kamala-mama-mama-mama, which is even worse.

The entire GOP has normalized public, in-your-face racism: It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

61 Likes

That would be all Republican Senators in my opinion.

13 Likes

Those at the rally laughed and that was the intent. Perdue was blatantly racist to Trump’s adoring fans.

52 Likes

Maybe some of them thought he was making fun of Biden’s stutter.

You just know it’s possible.

16 Likes

Trump has taught Repubs when you have nothing you call people names or miss pronounce their names in a mocking manor and you become the winner.

12 Likes

He had already said her name. Then he added on the extra to make her sound like a weird foreigner. There is no way to believe that’s an accident. Kind of like if I’m ever within 10 feet of that douche, it won’t be an accident that I punch his highly punchable face.

24 Likes

The Macaca Moment. They just don’t know when to shut up.

48 Likes

What a surprise, another racist Republican. The GOP is scum from top to bottom.

19 Likes

win

BTW What he really wanted to say was this.

7 Likes

What else would you expect from a chicken Republican? His state is going blue so he’s got to get in his hick clucks while he still can?

Maybe he can leave the country and go to Argentina or Ecuador with Trump, who is already talking about ways to flee future prosecution in the USA. They could set up their own white supremacist state together and dream of being the Incas?

6 Likes

When I hear the name Perdue , I think Chickenshit

18 Likes

That’s almost funny
Remember the before times when it could bring a campaign down instead of people pumping their fists going YEAH!
Quaint times indeed

Edit - After I posted this
Why, it comes naturally to that crowd

15 Likes