Perdue Concedes Day After Loeffler, Declining To Replicate Trump’s Legal Blitz

Former Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) conceded Friday, a day after Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) did, both acknowledging that they lost fairly and declining to pull a Trump-like legal blitz to try to reverse the results.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1353464

I want to congratulate the Democratic Party and my opponent for this runoff

He’s really slipping. No “Democrat Party”

19 Likes

He wants to spend more time with his ill-gotten stock portfolio…

19 Likes

That will save the Dems some money. I’m sure we can put it to good use.

5 Likes

Someone’s seen the writing on the wall…

11 Likes

Hint:

Abrams for Governor - 2022

16 Likes

After President Donald Trump’s surprising 2016 victory, Republicans have lost the House, the White House, then the Senate in the span of four years.

Well, boo fucking hoo.

After Chiselin’ Trump’s 2016 victory, I lost my mind!

9 Likes

For Republicans, it means a reckoning with what went wrong.

“You think it was Trump?”

“OMG, don’t talk like that!! He might have heard you!!! Do you think he heard you!?!?! OMG, we’re fucked!! I can’t believe you said that out loud!!! Shit!! WTF, man?!?!”

7 Likes

how quickly will the GA legislature move to repeal the 50% law?

6 Likes

Well, well… what have we here?

A sense of decorum, presence of mind, reasonableness ?

Good on you Senator - a class move at a time when it is oh so right to do so.

Was a rough & tough fight

• commend you for choosing to have this be the finish & offering your concession.
3 Likes

Good! Now, when will Sen. Warnock and Sen. Ossoff be sworn in? And when will the Senate vote on a new Majority Leader? Hopefully all in time to vote out Trump, assuming the House proceeds with Impeachment.

2 Likes

Just a thought which newly elected Senator will be senior and who will be junior? Or does anyone use those designations anymore?

2 Likes

Ossoff will be the junior Senator, seeing as he doesn’t have to shave yet.

12 Likes

It is more than a little ironic that this law was written to make it difficult for POC (Jews too, of course) to gain elective office.

5 Likes

Pretty cool of Perdue to continue being an asshole right to the very end.

4 Likes

This is only because of what happened Wednesday. Otherwise he would have embraced the new GOP “only fair elections are the ones we win” mentality and tried to do anything that might have delayed Ossoff’s being seated. Thank God (and Stacey Abrams) that we won both Georgia races, and thank God infinitum that Biden won. Can anybody imagine what another four years of Trump would have been like?

14 Likes

Two great minds with but a single thought, and not for the first time.

2 Likes

I read that this law was passed to make it harder for a non-white, or non-Christian to win.

So I’m sure they’ll come up with something else.

Reducing/eliminating early voting and mail in voting are at the top of the list, I’m sure.

3 Likes

I am guessing Warnoff is Sr bcos he is taking over a Sr. Senator seat that is still in its 6-yr cycle while Ossoff is Jr. bcos he is taking on the Jr Senator seat for a new 6-yr cycle.

5 Likes

They can try but GA is now going to be very competitive as Abrams will be taking over the Governor mansion in 2022 and lots will be done to make it a true purple state hence diluting the influence and power of the GOP to fuck things up for Dems, as they typically do.

2 Likes