In a subtle turn of phrase Monday, Vice President Mike Pence seemed to acknowledge a fact that public health experts have been arguing for weeks as the Trump administration has minimized the risk of coronavirus in the United States.
In a subtle turn of phrase Monday, Vice President Mike Pence seemed to acknowledge a fact that public health experts have been arguing for weeks as the Trump administration has minimized the risk of coronavirus in the United States.
“As we find more cases, it will mean our health officials are doing their job in large part,” Pence said at a White House press conference at which members of the White House coronavirus task force spoke.
…
Anyone with a “subtle turn of phrase” should clean out their desk. Wait…dang … Mikey was elected so trump cannot fire him.
So Mike, d’ya still think it’s just 15 cases? And that it’s just the cold and it’ll go away in a few days like your boss said? He said not to worry that nobody would die here cuz AMERICA!!! Looks to me like you were deeeeeeply wrong.
An acquaintance, Dr Anthony Fauci, whom I have met was doing a master class in “stone face” while standing behind trump and listening to his gibberish.
“As we find more cases, it will mean our health officials are doing their job in large part,” Pence said at a White House press conference at which members of the White House coronavirus task force spoke.
Thus nicely glossing over their own incompetence and their role in allowing the virus to come to, then spread in America.
If you want us to believe you, let the doctors and scientists speak freely, honestly, and openly. I don’t give a damn what the guy who mismanaged HIV infections in Indiana has to say.
I was in Aghanistan 50 years ago as a tourist and I encountered fraud and corruption every day I was there. It’s normal for them it seems. “Baksheesh” was the term I learned. But I suppose Pence or trump could be convinced the self licking ice cream cone was a real thing.
It’s strangely comforting that trump/Pence have kept the COVID-19 onslaught to only 15 cases by force of will alone.
edit
In my career I saw incompetency. It was small scale. But never like the trump era. I have no vocabulary to describe how awful and horrid trump/Pence are. It will take a new scale as well because it is incomparable to anything that has gone before.