Pence Says To Expect ‘More Cases’ Of Coronavirus With More Testing | Talking Points Memo

In a subtle turn of phrase Monday, Vice President Mike Pence seemed to acknowledge a fact that public health experts have been arguing for weeks as the Trump administration has minimized the risk of coronavirus in the United States.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1294555

And, in.] an added note, Mike is setting up Revival tents across the country for those who want to pray away the plague.

13 Likes

Hope I’m not speaking too soon, but it sure has been quiet on the trump* being constantly obnoxious on TV front the last couple of days.

15 Likes

“It’s what Jeremy Konyndyk, of the Center for Global Development, called the ‘self-licking ice cream cone’…”

I’ll bet when Pence heard that phrase, he wet his crotchless leather panties with excitement.

20 Likes

That must mean…TESTING LEADS TO INFECTION!!!

13 Likes

Hey Mike, gonna try to pray away the (gay) virus?

8 Likes

In a subtle turn of phrase Monday, Vice President Mike Pence seemed to acknowledge a fact that public health experts have been arguing for weeks as the Trump administration has minimized the risk of coronavirus in the United States.

“As we find more cases, it will mean our health officials are doing their job in large part,” Pence said at a White House press conference at which members of the White House coronavirus task force spoke.

Anyone with a “subtle turn of phrase” should clean out their desk. Wait…dang … Mikey was elected so trump cannot fire him.
So Mike, d’ya still think it’s just 15 cases? And that it’s just the cold and it’ll go away in a few days like your boss said? He said not to worry that nobody would die here cuz AMERICA!!! Looks to me like you were deeeeeeply wrong.

7 Likes

There was a lot of high praise for the president during that news conference and not too many tough questions afterwards.

2 Likes

This term is a thing, it seems. Perhaps you saw this in a recent edition of Maritime Executive.

An acquaintance, Dr Anthony Fauci, whom I have met was doing a master class in “stone face” while standing behind trump and listening to his gibberish.

16 Likes

Today Benedict Donald had a meeting about the corona virus with pharmaceutical leaders. Trying to monetize the virus.

15 Likes

This was a Trump White House presser, do you really expect them to answer any really tough questions?

1 Like

Big pharma is part of the same “privatize profits and socialize losses” game that the banks play.

16 Likes

“As we find more cases, it will mean our health officials are doing their job in large part,” Pence said at a White House press conference at which members of the White House coronavirus task force spoke.

Thus nicely glossing over their own incompetence and their role in allowing the virus to come to, then spread in America.

If you want us to believe you, let the doctors and scientists speak freely, honestly, and openly. I don’t give a damn what the guy who mismanaged HIV infections in Indiana has to say.

21 Likes

commence shit storm

1 Like

You are so right.

I was in Aghanistan 50 years ago as a tourist and I encountered fraud and corruption every day I was there. It’s normal for them it seems. “Baksheesh” was the term I learned. But I suppose Pence or trump could be convinced the self licking ice cream cone was a real thing.

4 Likes

It’s strangely comforting that trump/Pence have kept the COVID-19 onslaught to only 15 cases by force of will alone.
edit
In my career I saw incompetency. It was small scale. But never like the trump era. I have no vocabulary to describe how awful and horrid trump/Pence are. It will take a new scale as well because it is incomparable to anything that has gone before.

11 Likes

Non, non, non mon ami - it’s “self-licking ice cream”, so obviously it’s "testing lead to confection!"

There, don’t you feel better now? See you at the next rally!

8 Likes

3 Likes