Pence Hints He May Not Fight Order To Testify Against Trump In DOJ Jan 6 Probe

Former Vice President Mike Pence hinted on Wednesday that he may stop fighting a subpoena for his testimony in special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1452961

Did he consult with Dan Quayle, and Dan told him that what he wrote in his book is not sworn testimony?

18 Likes

If you have nothing to hide, why did you blow off the Jan. 6 Committee, make your critical comments about Trump off camera, and plead in court that your incriminating conversations with Trump are protected by executive privilege and legislative privilege as conveniences you in every conceivable scenario?

32 Likes

“I have nothing to hide.” Pence said…

“…quickly adding, ‘Other than my GRINDR profile’.”

26 Likes

Because Mikey didn’t want to seem like a cheap date?

9 Likes

Don’t fight it, don’t fight it,
Don’t fight it, It’ll do you heart so good

I think lil’ Mikey has been hearing things on the street and he’s scared of the graybar hotel.

17 Likes

Pence Hints He May Not Fight Order To Testify Against Trump In DOJ Jan 6 Probe

Because Trump wont pay for Pence lawyers and he is tired of spending his own money just to protect that SOB.

14 Likes

If Pence won’t fight it, who are WE to object?

19 Likes

“I have nothing to hide. I have written and spoken extensively about that day,” Pence said during a visit to Iowa. “At the end of the day, we’ll obey the law.”

Donnie’s just finding it harder and harder to find friends who’ll give up years of their life for him in this cold, cold world.
Hell, even the lawyers (who he may pay) seem willing to fold when their privilege claims can’t be sustained in court.

14 Likes

“I have nothing to hide. I have written and spoken extensively about that day,” Pence said during a visit to Iowa. “At the end of the day, we’ll obey the law.”

But… iam going to appeal because I want to protect speech and debate or executive privilege or some other random thing that doesnt apply. Until the coward sits down in front of the jury, he is still hiding and not obeying the law.

11 Likes

Until he shows up and doesn’t hem and haw his way through his testimony (someone somewhere I thought said he couldn’t use the fifth?), nothing is certain.

7 Likes

The District court already gave Pence most of what he wanted. He’s got cover for himself and can probably get away with stretching even that to some extent

7 Likes

It’s nonsense, what “cover” does he need. As if any of this will appease the group that wanted to hang him, he is delusional

2 Likes

He won cover under the Speech and Debate clause. I don’t see Pence looking to appease the J6 rioters. He’s already spoken publicly against that and against Trump

5 Likes

Cover for what? What does he need cover for?
He had a mob sent after him and his family and this coward after 2 years still won’t do the right thing.

7 Likes

No idea. But he asked for and got it. That’s all we know

2 Likes

Being a Trump ass kisser and stupid is not a crime so spill your guts.
You nothing to gain or lose you are just a nobody.

1 Like

But Mikey IS a cheap date, in fact, he is just cheap and a coward who is terrified of Donnie Trump.

6 Likes

Late to the game, Dence caught on that lawyers aren’t cheap, he has no dough and The Fat Goniff has locked up the rube cash stream.

1 Like