Pence Blames Cancelled NH Trip On ‘Circumstances On The Ground’

Vice President Mike Pence has declined to clear anything up about his abruptly cancelled trip to New Hampshire a few weeks ago, cryptically telling “The Takeout” podcast that “circumstances on the ground” explained why he deplaned from Air Force Two.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1236957

You’d think they could come up with a better story given the time they’ve had. But they decided to settle on “circumstances”? Pretty weak.

13 Likes

Hmmm, circumstances on the ground. More likely circumstances in Pence’s mind.

5 Likes

“Well, Major, it was discovered that most of the people there find me quite creepy, and [makes air quotes] an asshole [puts down air quotes], so we decided against going.”

14 Likes

Fine, Mikey. Since that doesn’t rule out the supposition that Trump threw a tantrum over something, heard you were heading out of town, and demanded you come back to sing him to sleep with your soothing voice, we’ll continue to assume that, you asshole-enabling traitorous lying fake.

18 Likes

I’ll take: Prez. Hatespeech supporters who shall not be named (i.e., white supremacist terrorists and/or garden variety GOP racists) were showing up.

2 Likes

Some people say that his ex-boyfriend was waiting at the destination with a big poster featuring a blown-up photo of the two of them in a loving embrace.

10 Likes

Interesting… because I heard people saying it was because they scheduled a secluded meeting for him with six women

9 Likes

Just wait…
Someone won’t be able to resist and the whistle will blow

6 Likes

Mike is still relishing in the fact that some think that something happened
that places him in the spotlight …

News for ya mikey …

watching the grass grow is still more exciting than you —

6 Likes

I’d go with ‘watching paint dry’ - especially if it’s beige. But to each their own.

5 Likes

Translation: Donnie was having a meltdown and Pence had to go back and soothe him by buying him a cheeseberder or two or three.

3 Likes

“circumstances on the ground”

I believe that means, “People found out dickhead was going to be there and about 5000 anti-Trump protesters were going to show up so we quickly pulled Mikey’s ass outta there.”

I expect “circumstances on the ground” to pop up again when he cancels his upcoming fundraiser at that gay club in Colorado.

13 Likes

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Unless you are Pence or Mother, of course.

2 Likes

Not at all, just nailing the hypocrisy angle…

4 Likes

I always remember that great line Bette Midler said years ago (probably written by the great Bruce Vilanch) describing Queen Elizabeth II:

“My dear, she is the whitest woman of them all. She makes everyone else look like the Third World.”

Mike Pence is so white he might actually give Taylor Swift a shot at starring in “The Aretha Franklin Story”.

6 Likes

mike-pences-sleepy-reactions-to-trump-fighting-wi-2-17131-1544549471-15_dblbig

2 Likes

I know. Just being flippant.

1 Like

I don’t think Trump the Insecure wants Pence visiting any early primary states.

Buffalo Springfield said it best:
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you’re always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

6 Likes

Looks like they went with vague non-response response for their final answer. Expect an unnamed source at the White House to suggest something unverifiably insidious involving vaguely sinister dark forces before the end of the day.