Pelosi Will Not Seek Reelection To Dem Leadership In Next Congress - TPM – Talking Points Memo

She shepherded a potentially fractious Democratic caucus through three of our greatest modern crises (the 2008 financial collapse, Trump, & Covid), but perhaps her most lasting accomplishment was this …

36 Likes

Followed by a Speaker with the IQ of a Goat…

18 Likes

This is in contrast to most of the recent Republican speakers, who when cast out of their leadership positions, have quit the Congress (even when just re-elected) and slunk off to cash in.

16 Likes

I give McCarthy 3 Scamucci’s, tops

9 Likes

I just hit my annual ACA out of pocket limit on the 15th. For the rest of the year no copayments thanks to the ACA.

Thank You Madame Speaker for helping us by enacting that annual limit!

17 Likes

Why are you quoting from someone who puts an -R next to Jeffries’ name?

3 Likes

I heard it was charred steak with ketchup.

5 Likes

I would be surprised if the Speaker doesn’t resign her congressional seat sometime next year.

3 Likes

Minority status in the House is the biggest reason, and possibly the only reason. There is every reason to think she would stay on as Speaker if the dems still had the majority.

12 Likes

You’re being very unfair to the genus Capra there.

12 Likes

Humor. And a rare party misaffiliation on the site.

I guess we now get to suffer through days and weeks of lauding Pelosi as the most powerful (arguably correct) and successful (inarguably wrong) party leader in history. Personally, I don’t see how we can celebrate a person who quite clearly oversaw the near-extinguishment of the republic. When she was at the peak of her powers in the 111th Congress, she and the party utterly failed to exercise power to counter clear and imminent threats to both the party and the nation, by either admitting new states or reapportioning the congress with 700 seats, either or both of which would have permanently ended the chances of Republicans ever electing a president again.

Pelosi is simply a person who does not know how to wield power in our system of government.

1 Like

Nancy Pelosi and her husband are very wealthy in their own right, something that’s been used against her over the years, so, no, there’s no need to join a lobbying firm. Her five children produced a ton of grandchildren and she seems to be happiest in their company.

19 Likes

Baaad analogy… kidding

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

17 Likes

And she has all that ice cream in the freezer!

Thank you, Nancy, Our Warrior Queen!"

8 Likes

Sorry for butting in like that!

8 Likes

So do I, with Cherry Garcia in front of the others.

4 Likes

Forgetting about something called…THE FILIBUSTER which is still in place thanks to every Republican in the Senate along with Boris Manchin and Natasha Sinema.

Do tell us how Nancy could have killed the Filibuster!

11 Likes

A great example of “Only Democrats have agency”.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available