Pelosi Urges Mask Wearing Mandate | Talking Points Memo

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Sunday said that it’s “definitely long overdue” for a federal mandate on wearing masks as coronavirus cases spike in several states during an interview on ABC News.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1317589

Nancy is right.

10 Likes

“And the President should be example,” Pelosi said. “You know, real men wear masks. Be an example to the country and wear the mask, not only to pro — it’s not about protecting yourself. It’s about protecting others and their families.”

Per Bill Maher, Trump is an orange orangutan…
And we all know Trump is NOT a real man…
Trump is an evil Chucky/Damien manbaby!

AND

Trump says he does NOT want to wear a mask…
Just wait and see how much Trump will NOT want and hate to wear a ventilator!

Addendum:

Dear Speaker Pelosi,

What are you going to do wrt to Trump’s enabling or conspiring with Putin and then lying about not being briefed by Putin’s bounty on US soldiers in Afghanistan?

Addendum:

8 Likes

Prudent, rational, scientifically based, advice, Speaker Pelosi.

And sure to fire Fat Nixon up…

Well played…

9 Likes

After acknowledging that the Centers for Disease Control recommended the use of masks because it didn’t want to “offend the President,”

TPM, your edit of that info-bit has completely changed the meaning.

5 Likes

[“And the President should be example,” Pelosi said. “You know, real men wear masks."]

• And scuba gear when underwater
  • And crash helmets in auto races
  • And parachutes when jumping out of planes
14 Likes

• And condoms during sex [cf. Stormy Daniels]

6 Likes

Members of the Sovereign Citizens are going to soil themselves over Pelosi’s plan.

2 Likes

The KKK totally agrees!

4 Likes

This kind of thing is why we love her.

7 Likes

Times like this I can remember what it was like to live in mostly sane America, before the wicked carried us away to a strange land where we sit by the rivers of Babylon and weep for what was lost.

13 Likes

I found this one on the road in front of my house when picking up trash. Any know what it means?

7 Likes

The Murder Hornets have PPE?

11 Likes

The Americans for Freedom to Stick a Fork in a Toaster If I Want To do not agree with Nancy’s fascist recommendations.

The rest of the world stares at us in wonder.

9 Likes

Maybe someday we can call this period “the missing years.”

Here’s the quote for the day on Daily Zen Calendar, from the Katha Upanishad:

When the five senses and the mind are still,
And reason itself rests in silence,
Then begins the Path supreme.

3 Likes

“The President should be example,” Pelosi said. “Be an example to the country and wear the mask."

If for no other reason, just to hide that revolting, Man-Tanned, raccoon-face.

(And, while we’re at it, can we get that hideous clown wig under wraps, too ?)

7 Likes

It looks like silk. I think it simply may be a high end designer mask. Everybody’s getting in the game.

2 Likes

The whole “requiring me to wear a mask is tyranny” mindset is baffling to me. Presumably, these folks who resist the masks obey traffic signals and wear seatbelts, yes? These are solutions designed to mitigate potentially hazardous situations and are imposed upon us by law.
How is wearing a mask any different?

8 Likes

Silence of the Lambs.

1 Like

Acerbic, but fair.

https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/1277268986649067520

All y’all reporters dutifully typing up Trump flacks claiming he didn’t hear “the one part” of the video with “white power” should add the context that it was 8 seconds in and that Trump is a racist liar.

Your job isn’t to simply transmit their bullshit.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available