Pelosi Takes Dig At ‘Moscow Mitch’ | Talking Points Memo

Looks like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has jumped on the “Moscow Mitch” bandwagon.

During a speaking engagement at a Democratic event Wednesday in Springfield, Illinois, Pelosi referred to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) as “Moscow Mitch” — a nickname originally coined by MSNBC host Joe Scarborough in light of McConnell’s efforts to block election security legislation in the Senate — for blocking a series of legislation passed by the House earlier this year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1242719

This is going to make Moscow Mitch very unhappy. He may have to make another trip to the well, turn on the CSPAN cameras and explain, once again, why he isn’t a traitorous, ruble-sucking Kentucky turd.

50 Likes

This needs to be kept in the public eye from now until Nov 2020. I am pleasantly surprised at Pelosi using it.

50 Likes

Moscow Mitch is helping Putin by blocking all the voter protection legislation. I think it is only fair that the moniker Moscow Mitch catch hold. The SOB is standing at the gate holding it open for the Russians as they advance their war on American democracy.

48 Likes

“BREAKING: Dems Bring Bazooka to Knife Fight; GOP, MSM, Pundits Apoplectic.”

62 Likes

Moscow Mitch and Beijing Elaine…

31 Likes

… or voters, or constituents, or American citizens, or, apparently, to Russia attacking US elections.

53 Likes

Which do you think makes him unhappier, Moscow Mitch or Moscow’s Bitch. Or for further consideration NRA’s Bitch.

20 Likes

“Moscow Mitch” — a nickname originally coined by MSNBC host Joe Scarborough in light of McConnell’s efforts to block election security legislation in the Senate —

uh, Joe Scarborough didn’t come up with “moscow mitch” on July 26…

its been used here as far back as Jan 22

and even I used it on June 3

24 Likes

She was born in Taiwan, and word is she’s been known to tie one on whenever possible.

14 Likes

Moscow Mitch’s boss has a longstanding habit of sticking derogatory nicknames on his political opponents, so I find his “modern-day McCarthyism” complaint particularly hypocritical and insulting to my sensitivities. Also high-sterical.

32 Likes

According to Cooch, she ain’t welcome at ALL

7 Likes

The Grand Old Politburo will be most displeased, but the truth remains that Moscow Mitch is the one blocking everything and he knows it, and takes credit for it among friends.

The Rump wants so desperately to be the greatest man in history who got something done that everyone else (especially Obama) failed, that he will sign whatever crosses his desk.

5 more Democratic Senators would give Rump the ego boost he is craving and more, while perhaps even accomplishing something.

13 Likes

Moscow Mitch does not like to be called Moscow Mitch. I will not call Moscow Mitch Moscow Mitch until later this evening.

21 Likes

Does anyone have a list of Republicans that are Russian operatives?

7 Likes

I strenuously object to the unfairness of calling Mitchie Moscow vulgar and insensitive names like Moscow Mitch.

14 Likes

What profiteth a man if he gain a lousy aluminum plant, yet lose his mojo.

35 Likes

Perfect!

12 Likes

Is not that, in itself, a response, Mitchie Moscow?

9 Likes

Bestowing an unflattering nickname on a shady politician is not remotely McCarthyism, either.

I’m just entertained by his obvious discomfort about it.

23 Likes