Pelosi Slams GOP Who ‘Vote No And Take The Dough’ On COVID Relief

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has been preemptively peeved for days that Republicans, every single one of whom voted against the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, would take credit for its popular provisions anyway. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364496
1 Like

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republicans.

14 Likes

I seem to recall many many Republicans did this on the ACA.

We need to call them out aggressively. I wish PACs would run ads in their districts/states calling out this hypocrisy which voters hate.

19 Likes

This is the way to do it. Keep hitting them. Keep pointing out their hypocrisy and double dealing ways. Good work, Madam Speaker.

30 Likes

Duplicitous Rethugliklans? Who knew?

7 Likes

Dems have gotten way better at framing and messaging. It is a joy to behold.

16 Likes

Nancy has her Johnnie Cochran going.

I will say it’s high time for some pithy sound bites from Democrats

23 Likes

OT Tweet of the Day

Tweet of the Day (very close second edition)

36 Likes

Joe and Kamala are taking it to the public with a nationwide trip to talk about it.

23 Likes

What brought that on? I mean, I don’t disagree with her, what did Carlson do now?

5 Likes

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (D-CA)

I beg your pardon?

17 Likes

Presented a long, misogynistic rant about women serving in the military.

If only he’d cited his glorious military career as his bona fides to speak with authority. Oh, wait.

33 Likes

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad and deadly…Republican hypocrisy: Trump and Melania, and the family all got vaccinated back in January while they telling their congregation that Covid was a hoax by Liberals and no need for masks, social distancing, or washing hands.

Ted Cruz and his family flying off to Cancun (none essential travel) while Texas was imploding…of course Ivy League elitist Ted Cruz and his family were all vaccinated via Goldman Sachs (wife’s employer).

The walk around word from low level “unvaccinated” White House staffers: Trump allocated 20 million early doses of the Pfizer vaccine to corporations who contributed to his stop the steal super PAC.

And people keep voting for them…eyes wide shut.

12 Likes

Cue from the right wing and their media arms “But Pelosi’s subway!” Actually its a BART extension to the Silicon Valley, because jobs.

5 Likes

Do you sometimes feel like you’ve woken up in a parallel universe?

5 Likes

How much longer before Tucker joins the elite members of the asshole squad,Beck,O’Rielly,Lord ?

2 Likes

TPM… come for the typos, stay for the snark.

28 Likes

Too long.

1 Like

Too late to change the Red State funding to T**** Steak gift certificates?

1 Like

Can we keep the the term Wickered?

7 Likes