Pelosi Emphasizes Dangers Of Reopening Economy

The calculation that Trump and Republicans are making is that they can open up and get the economy moving enough to help their election chances, and after that it doesn’t matter what happens because they will have the power. They are also trying to help their donors (not the base) as much as they can during the crisis. They are using the crazy right wing to pressure Republican politicians into going along with them…it’s actual terrorism in plain sight, those guns are meant to scare politicians into putting economic concerns over the health of the nation. The fact that the racists figure they will be fine and it’s the shitholes big cities, full of minorities, that will die off, just makes it that much less of a moral judgment on Republcain’s part.

It’s very unlikely that they will get their wish…the virus is going to be unleashed and tear through communities that do not continue to take it seriously, and that’s primarily in the red states. And, that’s going to be over the next two months, not six months from now, so there will be plenty of time for red staters to die off, and for Republican politicians to face the consequences. We can only hope that they really are held accountable for choosing a course of action that will kill more Americans.

14 Likes

Trump is the type of idiot who makes other idiots sit up and say, “Now, THERE’S an idiot!”

25 Likes

What a self-serving piece of shit.
And, no, I don’t think there’e anything complicated about it: he’s made it clear from the beginning that he wasn’t interested in allowing the pandemic to interrupt his ‘success,’ and that’s all I think there is to it. No price is too high to get back to his “winning.”

5 Likes

Well, if one defines “people” as his hardcore base the actual death toll wouldn’t be more than about 21,000 which some might consider a smaller number than being reported (73,597). If you go with the number who (allegedly) voted for him in 2016, only 12,000 have died (he got 42% of the vote, but only about 40% of those eligible to vote voted). If you go by the number of folks his handlers actually care about, nobody really important has died.

4 Likes

Including this price, just to fulfill his campaign promise to eliminate Obamacare. Even Barr was against pushing for it, but Trump doesn’t care. It’s got the word “Obama” in it, so it has to go:

7 Likes

Psst. Trump lies even about things he doesn’t have to lie about. It gives him a sense of power over reality. But that’s all it is, a fantasy that he inflicts on us.

14 Likes

‘Death Is Not An Economic Motivator’

Pelosi cuts to the chase.

10 Likes

He has suggested the real numbers are actually lower

But his real poll numbers are higher…:rofl:

1 Like

And the Republicans seem to have a strategy to correct that aging thing.

4 Likes

Trump is just going to rewrite reality and spend the next 6 months proclaiming the extent of the pandemic’s damage is for the most part a hoax.

3 Likes

I have been drinking, a lot, to forget her. And I don’t drink anymore…

1 Like

“Death is not an economic motivator, stimulus,” - Speaker Pelosi

Live and Let Die for the economy to re-elect Trump…
Trump First!

3 Likes

ETA

Contrariwise,

13 Likes

Well he is s-t-u-p-i-d.

2 Likes

You and I both know that “Trump lying” is seen drastically differently by Republicans.

That is why Trump lying about MAGAs getting COVID will be so painful in the coming weeks.
Acting ugly (being a Trumpster) is different than not being able to breathe.

5 Likes

There is no White House, there is only Trump.

6 Likes

NO she is correct. It is the management and leadership of the Federal Government that is incapable of leading during a crisis. Daddy is dead and can’t bail sonny out.

3 Likes

I would think that Trump would want to wear a mask since his skin is becoming an even stranger color than when he sprays it orange.

2 Likes

White House, White President. Get it?

1 Like

TBH. Mrs VH thinks he’s confusing “mask” with the goggles he was wearing yesterday. Could be he’s losing his short-term memory.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available