Pelosi Announces House Manager Team Led By Schiff, Nadler | Talking Points Memo

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the seven members of her caucus who will serve as impeachment managers in the Senate trial of President Donald Trump. They are:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1284702
1 Like

I am happy about Demings.

16 Likes

Once the Senate informs the House that it is ready to receive the articles, the managers will physically walk the articles over to the Senate side of the Capitol and will read aloud the articles on the Senate floor.

36 Likes
14 Likes

Lofgren. L-o-f-gren.

5 Likes

Isn’t it Zoe Lofgren (rather than Logren) and Hakeem Jeffries (rather than Hakeen)?

11 Likes

Only if you trust Wikipedia!

7 Likes

I was hoping Daniel Goldman would have made the cut.

4 Likes

Seems like a strong team. I was hoping for a poke in the eye with someone like Maxine or similar, but Pelosi is as always playing it straight. Lets see how it goes. Assuming the Senate Traitor party doesn’t vote to dismiss outright.

8 Likes

I’ve been very impressed with her. She is smart and she doesn’t take any crap.

11 Likes

Excellent. Val Demings is fantastic, along with Chairman Schiff, of course.

13 Likes

I caught that too.

3 Likes

Right now trump is saying fuckit to BeBest and working on some catchy nicknames.

15 Likes

Proofreading are hard.

9 Likes

Failure to name Amash is, if not a huge blunder, at least a significant lost opportunity. (Assuming that there isn’t information I don’t know: e.g., he declined, serious opposition amoung the Democratic caucus/leadership.)

Hoped Swalwell would get a seat, maybe he should be charged with keeping track of the new, ever-unfolding High Crimes and Misdemeanors our compulsively criminal President perpetually provides as the trial progresses?
SOMEONE has to do it. The preponderance of evidence mounts on a daily basis, before the last testimony is given by any witnesses, there will be many more witnesses exposed.
Especially now.
Maybe that is why they were desperate to get it over the congressional gap and have it dismissed.
We are WAY past that now, and the intrigue can only grow. Every day, new evidence condemns Trump.
And most of it from his own lying lips.
Trump just can’t help himself. Quite literally.

14 Likes

She projects an air of intelligence, knowledge of the law and, also key, no nonsense.

Of course, the other six do as well. No games, no stupid statements, no conspiracy theories…

unlike their republican counterparts.

13 Likes

“Doesn’t take any crap.”
I see we had the same impression of her. :grinning:

4 Likes

An impressive group.

Trump’s team: Pat Cipollone, Jay Sekulow, Michael Purpura, Patrick Philbin.

More about them from Trump media (spoiler alert, they’re all white men):

6 Likes

the managers will physically walk the articles over to the Senate side

Is that common practice for articles of impeachment or is that Nancy flair?

flair noun

noun: flair

a special or instinctive aptitude or ability for doing something well.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available