Pecker Expected Back On The Stand As Trump Trial Resumes

Like my slightly dotty neighbor who claims that right after his deep brain stimulation surgery, he’s going to go to Greece on his own.

19 Likes

Steinglass says that he’s filing another contempt motion — phrased as an order to show cause why Trump should not be held in contempt.

Huh? Me thinks that was worded incorrectly by Josh.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the judge to see that one.

How loudly do you think he’ll laugh it out of the courtroom? Or at least how loudly would he LIKE to laugh it out of the courtroom (to avoid yet another accusation of two systems of justice in his courtroom)?

5 Likes

Nope. Defense has to show why Trump is not in contempt-- a responsibility Todd failed at on Tuesday

12 Likes

There is a delicate irony that he is facing justice in a New Deal era courthouse that exudes far more architectural beauty and integrity than any one of his gauche monstrosities.

14 Likes

Steinglass is not the defense, he’s the prosecutor. So he would not be filing new contempt charges that’s worded that he is not in contempt.

3 Likes

I certainly see your point, but he could attempt to step on his own lines, feign confusion. attempt to soften the impact of his testimony, etc. out of fear of future retribution if Trump wins, or just hoping to have a favor in the bank.

4 Likes

Why would he? He still holds the cards over Trump. He can be honest and fulfill his plea deal obligations and Trump will just have to sit there and take it, and be nice to Pecker.

Why would Pecker give away the farm then have nothing left to keep Trump under his thumb?

10 Likes

I assume that Pecker was deposed by prosecutors and they know what he will say; if he changes his tune, he faces felony charges.

24 Likes

As I said, fear of future retribution by Trump.

3 Likes

That’s why Pecker has a safe.

And why Trump is being nice to Pecker.

It’s all transactional.

12 Likes

“buy the story and take it off the market.”

A fetus is a person.

Once you’re born, you’re a commodity.

5 Likes

“deposed” before the grand jury

2 Likes

Has this thread been placed under a cone of silence?

4 Likes

you mean because of lack of posts? LOL. I think we’re all jumping around from thread to thread and getting distracted by all the other goings-on. At least I am!

15 Likes

images

8 Likes

I just read the centerfold  : - )

7 Likes

Absolutely.

2 Likes

The Manhattan District Attorney’s office told the judge in Donald Trump’s hush money case that the ex-president has violated his gag order another four times in just the past three days.

According to Just Security’s Adam Klasfeld, prosecutor Chris Conroy complained about the extra violations Thursday. Judge Juan Merchan held a contempt of court hearing Tuesday to hear accusations of a previous 10 attacks on witnesses and jurors that could result in fines of up to $1,000 per case or up to 30 days in jail. A ruling from that hearing is imminent.

In the latest complaint, prosecutors cite comments Trump made in a phone interview with a far-right streaming channel.

“That jury was picked so fast. 95% Democrats…You think of it as a purely Democrat area. It’s a very unfair situation that I can tell you," Trump said.

Another comment brought up by prosecutors was Trump’s direct message to former National Enquirer publisher David Pecker. Trump said: “This is a message to Pecker: Be nice.”

He also called his former lawyer Michael Cohen, “A convicted liar and he has no credibility whatsoever.”

The gag order bans Trump from talking about jurors and potential witnesses in the case.

17 Likes

@dicktater @iafixture - I’m sorry if in previous threads seem to be hung up on the accounting here, but I think that’s a big part of the TAX FRAUD that I keep pushing here in my comments.

Query: if Trump did pay AMI (The National Enquirer) $125,000 - how did/would the Enquirer book/categorize it as income?

@ClutchCargo and @quickq - yeah. They already have AMI dead to rights on the payments they did receive. I’ll bet their accountant doesn’t want to go on the stand if the Feds had to reopen their case against AMI based upon Pecker changing or not delivering his agreed-to testimony in this case.

Are we going to get Allen Weisselberg as a witness in this case?image

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available