PA GOP Leader: My House Would Get ‘Bombed’ If I Didn’t Want To Help Trump Overturn Election

Pennsylvania Senate Majority Leader Kim Ward (R) laid out in stark terms the pressure she and other Republicans are experiencing from their base to boost President Donald Trump’s war against the 2020 election results.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348217
1 Like

Did you think this job was 100% perks when you took it?

Fucking cowards.

78 Likes

You made your bed, keep lying in it.

And the “bombers” would be Republicans, not Democrats.

Weird how that works out, huh?

112 Likes

It’s seriously fucked up that Kim Ward’s political base behaves that way. Maybe it merits some self-reflection.

103 Likes

“If I would say to you, ‘I don’t want to do it,’ I’d get my house bombed tonight,” Ward said.

Translation: “I am beholden to an anti-Constitutionalist, anti-American, pro-ignorance party that sees violence as an acceptable means of overturning a free and fair election.”

95 Likes

You’re in the wrong business, Kim. That’s not how leadership works.

89 Likes

Truly, they have whipped up a nasty, nasty, deplorable mob…and now lost control over it. We’re all going to suffer, but I can tell you who I have the least sympathy for.

86 Likes

When you’re own team wants to threaten, terrorize, or kill you, maybe it’s a sign that you’re working for the wrong team.

120 Likes

OT: Remember when every comedian used to joke ‘if you kick out all the Mexicans, who will build the wall?’ Well:

61 Likes

They seem to understand how dangerous their base is when it turns on them, don’t they?

48 Likes

I disagree with statements along the lines of “it’s a tough job, but you took it.” No sane person expected that we would reach this point in history. What would be a clear sign of cowardice, however, would be to continue to represent a party that doesn’t disavow this behavior. If she runs again as an R–knowing full well that her constituency is willing to at least threaten to kill her and her family should she fail to endorse the whackjob conspiracy of the day–then she fully deserves to labelled a coward. Or a crackpot. Or both.

52 Likes

Mitch mcconnell was paid off by Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez to give Biden a fake win. The protesters need to go to the source

38 Likes

I said it yesterday, and it certainly bears repeating.

The GOP is now the lunatic fringe of American society.

In that light, i much prefer the label of being a radical Democrat than a fringe lunatic Republican.

40 Likes

Sad that this image is getting overused lately, but here’s the obligatory:

22 Likes

Is that what Trumpski told you?

5 Likes

Dr. Frankenstein didn’t complain when his monster ran amok. He went out and killed it to save the village.

46 Likes

Dr. Frankenstein, your monster wants a word with you.

You can’t lead a mob. The mob leads you.

26 Likes

Great party ya got there. “Do what we say or we’ll kill ya!”. Seems legit.

32 Likes

Lethal rituals of purification!

One of the absolute signs of toxic zealots!

12 Likes

I think it’s particularly interesting that these Republicans are openly admitting that Trump called them and asked them to overturn the election. They’re basically ratting him out for having committed crimes. They could quite easily keep his crimes on the hush and simply say nothing about his calls, but they’re not. They’re just telling on him.

89 Likes