Over 700,000 Jobs Lost In March Amid Pandemic, According To Labor Department

When Republican administrations fail, they fail bigly.

7 Likes

Token asian-american in the republican administrations…

2 Likes

The paycheck protection program launches today.

Remember the snags when Obamacare rolled out? And how the Repubs used those snags as a means of justifying their criticism of the program. Then Obama and Congress brought in the big technical guns from Silicon Valley and the program was brought quickly under control.

It might be more difficult this time around. There’s going to be a whole lot of coding going on to make the paycheck and other payment programs function as promised. First, Trump and his “assistants” won’t know whom to contact, nor what to tell them. And, those who can help are otherwise engaged and can’t really travel to DC, in person, nor online very well, to help pull Trump’s and Munchkin’s chestnuts out of the fire (so to speak).

3 Likes

I hear people are saying that…

3 Likes

And Moscow Mitch’s wife…

I think that might have had something to do with it…

4 Likes

Well now job creators, who would ever have thought that Macy’s depended on customers? Who could have known that airlines don’t buy planes from Boeing that they can’t pack full of passengers? Pretty much the same goes for Exxon-Mobile, Goldman Sachs, and vulture trading trolls on Wall Street. The (formerly) United States of America is a consumer driven economy. The farmers, miners, laborers, and production workers produce wealth. The Simpleton in Chief has allowed, no, practically invited the pandemic that has shut down production and consumption. Along with the Wyle E. Coyote, Jenius economic crater that was predicted months ago, we will also suffer a much higher share of the illness and death that the rest of the developed world. Part of that is because the wealth that was needed to lower the infection curve was reflexively given to those job creators who promptly disappeared it into their various dragon hoards. We are living through a double plague of disease and idiocy.

12 Likes

And the fun continues in April - two of my colleagues will be relieved of their consulting positions next Friday.

My son in law is pretty sure he’s out, but nothing official yet. They’re preparing.

3 Likes
10 Likes

It’s how Mitch gets to double dip.

A real DIP shit

1 Like

We keep saying that and hoping it comes to pass, but it never seems to.

I suppose we just have to keep watching - what else can we do, since we’re socially sequestered?

1 Like

That seems to be working well. Not.

Wait’ll Cuomo gets a hold of this. He’s gonna tear someone a new one.

1 Like

Well, in her defense, she did give us the “jobless recovery” under W.

My son in law’s mother is a kidney transplant recipient - surgery was done over a year ago. She spiked a fever the other day in southern Virginia and spent two days in the hospital. She tested negative for the virus (she’s pretty much homebound anyway).

She was an ER nurse for 35 years and said she’d never seen such a lockdown for a hospital before.

My fear is, though she tested negative and was probably fine before this, she may’ve been exposed now. That won’t be good for her. Not at all.

5 Likes

When Republican administrations fail, they fail bigly.

True, but the problem is they’re taking us with them.

3 Likes

Just one example of so many pie in the sky actions that are going kaboom !

"U.S. workers won’t interact directly with the so-called Paycheck Protection Program that launches Friday, but if it works as intended, it could have a big impact on their lives.

Whether it can work as intended emerged as a major question Thursday as some banks said they wouldn’t be ready to take applications on Friday. "

3 Likes

The Trump administration has not issued any guidelines or rules about how the program will operate.

The banks are understandably skittish.

3 Likes

We are living through a double plague of disease and idiocy.

I was thinking the same thing.

If the man-child would just STFU and get out of the way and let Dr. Fauci and staff get ahead of the virus and develop a realist end date, which in turn would bring hope to the possibility of a V shaped economic recovery, as consumer demand is still strong. But the longer Two Scoops continues to obstruct the longer the economy will suffer. And that’s the critical question at this point. The longer Trump obstructs and the longer the virus determines our life style, then the longer we stay in economic free fall. Even our iconic corporations flush with cash can only take on so much water before collapsing. And Macy’s will become just another office building. Sad.

3 Likes

@sonsofares had tears in his eyes when he wrote it.

2 Likes

I would also like to add that usually we think of the poors all huddled together in slums as breeding these viruses.
It’s not the middle classes flying from country to country spreading this globally and at ski and vacation resorts - it’s the wealthy. Affluenza indeed.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available