Ouch: Trumpworld Reportedly Rejects Gaetz’s Request For Meeting With Ex-POTUS

This was a very smart choice.

I would possibly do the same, being female - alone in the dark with a cop is not a safe bet I would be willing to take.

4 Likes

Thanks. Once I hook up the smart tv, we’ll subscribe to netflix.

Maybe it varies by state, but at least here in WA the official state driver’s manual doesn’t say you can continue to a further destination where you’d feel more comfortable. You’re just supposed to pull over ASAP as soon as there is room to do it. The exact wording in the manual:

If a law enforcement officer pulls you over:
• Drive as close as you safely can to the right side of the road,
stop and turn off the engine. Do not stop in an intersection or
pull into the center median of a highway.

That doesn’t allow for continuing until you see what you consider to be a brightly lit area at night like a gas station. It’s likely to cause trouble if you try it, like a resisting arrest charge. You’re still free to call 911 if you think it’s not a cop trying to stop you as you pull over, although that isn’t explicitly mentioned in the manual.

2 Likes

Well then copy and paste it and tell me where you copied it from.

Here’s what the law is in Minnesota:

If You Are Stopped By the Police While in Your Car

Please adhere to the following guidelines:

• Immediately pull over when you see police emergency lights. Although you might not know the reason, you should pull over right away. You may have committed a minor traffic violation or there may be a problem with your vehicle.
  • Remain in the vehicle (unless instructed differently and wait for the officer to approach you. Do not exit the vehicle and approach the officer. Exiting our vehicle does not assist the officer and can be perceived as aggressive action. Please remain in the vehicle.
  • Turn on your interior light if stopped at night. A lit vehicle cabin will reduce the officer’s concern of weapons or other possible threats.
  • Keep your hands on the steering wheel where they can be seen by the approaching officer. Reaching under your seat can cause the officer concern you may be reaching for a weapon

https://www.cityofroseville.com/2778/If-Stopped-By-Police

1 Like

Famous last words.

Any day now.

1 Like

What does give you a right to delay compliance for a minimal period is a justifiable fear of death.

One of the ways the police go wrong is in their sense that anything other than instant compliance is proof of dangerous defiance.

1 Like

That picture oozes toxic amounts of smarm - I hope everyone here has had their shots.

2 Likes

Don’t forget this hunk of burnin’ love.

1 Like

unlike swiss cheese

1 Like

How can I, now that you have thrust it into my face?

3 Likes

Oh I agree.
Which is precisely why one shouldn’t disregard their instructions or try to resist arrest. We all pretty much know they have an elevated sense of worth and authority. And if you’re black, you should pretty much know this at a very young age.
Don’t give them them an excuse. Unless you feel very lucky and think the odds are in your favor. Or if you’ve always wanted your name and photo in the news. You may not live to see it, but your family will.

That’s not bad.

10 days the first shot, 6 days the second. But anyone with any auto-immune conditions (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, lymes disease) should probably expect this reaction. Also, the direction to lay off anti-inflammatories after getting the shots, which would provide some relief but make shots less effective. Swollen joints are a bitch. At least this is all before the worst of the pollen season. This is all a bit unpleasant, but short of being bed-ridden, I’ll just say thank-you-sir-may-I-have-another. Meaning it’s worth some attendant grief.

That took me a minute.

Ah, I see why he dates Teenagers, he still acts like one. Ask Donald if he like LIKES, Matt.

I love your avatar!

1 Like

Hey, folks:

Police Officer Who Killed Daunte Wright Resigns, Saying It’s In ‘Best Interest’ Of Community (forbes.com)

See, why would you think of getting a multimeter there? It’s the opposite of a one-use tool. I’m thinking more along the lines of a faucet puller.

The right tool for the job is sometimes a piece of crap.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available