Opening Arguments Set To Begin In Trump’s First Criminal Trial

Opening arguments are scheduled for Monday morning in the first criminal trial of a former U.S. President.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486536

Defense opening:

“My client is being treated so unfairly by Crooked Joe Biden’s corrupt DoJ. The End.”

ETA: Cat on a skateboard:

cat_skate

51 Likes

Another chilly day, cold building, I guess justice is a dish best served cold.

26 Likes

Can’t comment here much today but will be watching with bated breath.

67 Likes

It’s just too rich that the first witness is named Pecker! This comedy writes itself!

41 Likes

For the cheap shot: Is there any chance we can add a Johnson to the witness list?
After all, we have a prick as the defendant.

34 Likes

38 Likes

That’s a beautiful photograph. The city is so full of beautiful buildings. And colors. I’m feeling nostalgic.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Penny has relaxed now that the trial has begun.

38 Likes

I regret that without cameras in the courtroom we will not be treated to a scene of an erect Pecker standing in the witness box with his hand on one of tfg’s bibles.

25 Likes

I take some comfort at the thought of the old bastard’s discomfort sitting in a chilly courtroom all day. It is about the only penalty he has ever been forced to pay in his whole life of crime.

If he had any smarts, (fat chance) He could wear heavier clothes to stay warm, which would have the serendipitous \benefit of muffling his farts. Win Win!

27 Likes

I see. He’s going for the Don-Consiglieri Privilege defense.

10 Likes

all joking aside, why aren’t there cameras for this? Does NY not allow them or is it something more specific than that?

3 Likes

And Brrrrrrr!

4 Likes

Opening statements, not opening arguments

14 Likes

He’s taking it philosophically.

36 Likes

But it’s a witch hunt that is finding actual witches.

33 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, it’s a cat on a skateboard; you MUST acquit.

29 Likes
18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available