Ooo, What’s This? Justice Thomas Recuses From Eastman Case - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Justice Clarence Thomas recused himself from consideration of a matter involving Trump attorney John Eastman, the Supreme Court said Monday in declining to take up Eastman’s case.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1470234
1 Like

Eastman is going to lose his law license and will probably flip to save what’s left of his ass in the Georgia RICO case. Time get fitted for that beautiful orange jump suit you and Trumpy will be wearing…

38 Likes

Delicious, as if something like normalcy is creeping in. Will it last? Only Sasha knows

59 Likes

I’m going to assume Harlan Crow gave his approval for the recusal.

69 Likes

The earth may have stopped turning on its axis.
Uncle Clarence did the right thing for the first time.

50 Likes

okay, I don’t normally quote myself but I posted this in the other thread:

I don’t trust a single thing about this snake. There is no way this is anything but a cynical move and an attempt at masking the rest of his blatant corruption.

75 Likes

“There’s no explanation of why he recused, or specification of what underlying issue moved him to do so.”

Live shot of Ginni’s office:

81 Likes

Gee I wonder how much Slappy T got paid to do that?

1 Like

““There’s no explanation of why he recused, or specification of what underlying issue moved him to do so””
And
““Eastman, a former Thomas clerk, also corresponded with Ginni Thomas, the justice’s wife, during the period of time that Trump was both in office and seeking to reverse his loss””

really don’t belong in the same bit. Thomas can no longer get away with favoritism or partisanship. That’s why he recused. He must know that anymore BS from him and it’s on Pro Publica’s front page in 20 minutes.

40 Likes

This is great news for John McCain Trump!

6 Likes

I suspect that Thomas recused himself due to Ginni involvement. This would not have happened except the the excellent investigative journalism that exposed both Thomas and Ginni.

62 Likes

His being literally named in the email evidence in the Eastman indictment made it really untenable to be involved in the decision on wether to take up the case nor not.

51 Likes

I believe this is Thomas’ version of cosplaying, wherein one merely acts the part for external purposes but doesn’t mean much.

25 Likes

Ah, the Fawn Hall model still works!

13 Likes

Seems a bit small for a tragic accident.

3 Likes

My sense is that there was something interesting to find if people started digging. And his recusal.was going to.make no difference in the outcome.

Thomas should resign.

29 Likes

Hell…Thereby admitting that he is totally biased in favor of the criminal/conspirator element.
Stupid man has got himself firmly in a corner that should end up having bars on it.

9 Likes

What would Eastman have to offer in a plea deal? He documented it in his own writing, there are multiple witnesses to his efforts, his only defense is that it was all righteous and correct, and trump is already implicated seven ways to Sunday. He could shave off some of his likely sentence by pleading guilty, but he really isn’t of much value to to prosecutors and doesn’t seem like the type to flip anyway.

68 Likes

Must be getting a tad shvetty under those robes. Maybe a small, person fan.

1 Like

I guess Eastman had no luxury trips, pricy gifts, or outright bribes to offer.

11 Likes