Ohio GOP Calls On Gonzalez To Resign After Censure Over Impeachment Vote | Talking Points Memo

The Ohio Republican Party’s leaders both censured and called on Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH) to resign on Friday for his impeachment vote against former President Donald Trump for inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol earlier this year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373201

Piggies eating their own

25 Likes

Hogs get slaughtered.

13 Likes

The modern day GOP has become little more than a necrotizing pus-boil on America’s buttocks.

32 Likes

The resolution censures Gonzalez and nine of his GOP colleagues for their impeachment votes which it said supported “the unconstitutional, politically motivated impeachment proceeding against President Donald J. Trump.”

Wait a minute here, OH GOP censured 9 not OH Republicans? That seems like sticking their nose into other state party’s business, plus being bossy.

19 Likes

“Eradicated”…“expel”…“traitor”…

These are the word choices used for an elected official who listened to the evidence presented and reached a conclusion using their personal judgement and principles.

Seems like a warm and mentally healthy group, that Ohio GOP.

20 Likes

This right here is why I remain extremely optimistic about Dem chances next year. Several of these folks who are being censured for voting for impeachment come from moderate districts. They are sure to be primaried by utter psychos who’ll beat them and then lose the general election.

51 Likes

I hope you are right
but moderated red district seems like a fantasy to me
I would not be surprised if the voters there fall in behind the psycho

8 Likes

Nazification is a helluva drug. Or perhaps, it’s Sovietization.

Either way, it’s as un-American as the Grand Old Party itself.

23 Likes

[quote=“discobot, post:1, topic:206920”] Josh Mandel
“took the comments a step further when he later suggested that Gonzalez — who faces a Trump-backed primary challenger in former White House aide Max Miller — should be “eradicated” from the party altogether.”
Expulsion from the Republican Party sounds a lot like the expulsion from the Communist Party in the Stalin era. Or North Korea under Trump’s pal Kim Jong On. Follow the Party Line or you are canceled.

6 Likes

Thanks for your perspective. I do not know why Josh has announced (18 months out) the return of the House to the GOP.

So many things to take place…so much for us to fight for.

19 Likes

Fear mongering is a pretty standard method of trying to keep people’s attention and get clicks.

9 Likes

“…candidates in the Ohio Senate race are competing to pledge their allegiance to the former president…”

Lick harder!

19 Likes

Oh for God’s sake. Has ANYONE in the Ohio GOP READ the Constitution??? Or is this like their CHRISTIANITY? They HEARD this sht somewhere…

11 Likes
5 Likes

“Gonzalez resorted to emotional conclusions that misplaced blame on President Trump, the President of Law and Order and America First,

4 Likes

Don’t sell them short. I think they’re far more like an enormous, metastasized tumor on the rump of the body politic.

11 Likes

10 Likes

This is what a “Big Tent” looks like, apparently.

10 Likes

Yet the Ohio GOP is silent while Larry Householder remains in the Ohio House indicted for bribery. Law and Order LOL…

20 Likes