Obama Knocks Trump For Being ‘Jealous Of COVID’s Media Coverage’ | Talking Points Memo

Former President Barack Obama on Tuesday threw more jabs at President Trump’s disastrous response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has killed more than 225,000 Americans thus far, by once again highlighting the President’s unhealthy obsession with media coverage.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340756
1 Like

We miss you

23 Likes

Obama then argued that Trump is “jealous of COVID’s media coverage”

cute, coming from a guy that lives rent free in the demented mind of trump.
sweet. lol

13 Likes

‘…and ALSO, NO COLLUSION!!!’ Christ he’s such a two year old. C’mon America…let’s get RID of him and his corrupt band of merry men.

8 Likes

When Obama’s got it right, he’s got it right.

14 Likes

So happy to see coverage of this on TPM. Obama is hot on the trail.

I hope he is booked at all of the swing states between now and Tuesday.

We need him.

His smile makes me happy!

27 Likes

I do believe that the process is in the works.
hopefully trumps explodes, literally, when the realization curses through his skull that the country just told him, Go Away!!!

10 Likes

45’s super spreader rallies continue to roll on. I am beyond horrified he was in our state, and our case count is rising.

18 Likes

He’s a leader. He’s still the “yes we can” guy.

18 Likes

Not sure I understand the fake speech part, Obama was talking, it was a speech, but Trumps obsession with crowds as a gauge of support right now is fucking nuts. A tree really can’t fall in the woods if he doesn’t see it fall.

9 Likes

TRump “PREPAID many Millions of Dollars in Taxes.”

To whom, Jina?

7 Likes

Yet another mike drop by the master…

11 Likes

Obama humiliating Trump hasn’t always worked out well.

Damn right, he’s on fire.

And he’ll be out there every day and night through next Tuesday.

We all need to work just as hard, in our own ways, doing whatever we can do to help.

14 Likes

Word.

There are the days leading up to the weekend for Early Voting
There is election day

There are ways to get your ballot–mail-in or in-person–to the right place.

7 Likes

yes it is, 1 town east of me because of a pastor. Brooks church, had a 150 people deal shoved in the church. then it spread, homes, nursing homes, work places, hospital etc.
idiots up to 50 or so documented positive.

8 Likes

His vocabulary has been shrinking for a while now. “Fake” is one of his favorite words, applied to anything the Dems or media do, and anything else he doesn’t like. When he loses, he’ll call it a Fake election.

13 Likes

Brilliant

4 Likes

The popular vote will be Biden by a long shot, but the problem is that the GOP will litigate in the states where there is a smaller margin and where their electoral votes will add up to a victory, giving them something like the “benefit of hindsight.”

Meanwhile, COVID will go through the roof with the GOP actively encouraging it. Chaos is Trump’s strategy to disrupt democratic processes, and if he ends up losing it will be the Democrats’ problem.

The next two months are going to be a real test – we’ll look back on this week before election day as a simpler, less anxious time.

3 Likes

Not really. If Hillary had won we might be going into 2021 looking at a Republican trifecta instead of a Democratic one.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available