Obama, Bush, Clinton And Carter Come Together In COVID Vaccine Ad Push

Former presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and Jimmy Carter have joined forces in an ad campaign to encourage Americans to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364361

”I hope everyone remembers!” [Trump] said.

I wish I could forget!

17 Likes

O/T for your mornings dose of stupid

Fox Celebrates No Masks In TX: 'Think For Yourself Like Rush Limbaugh Wanted Us To

16 Likes

Doubt the Former Guy was even asked to participate. He should be a pariah, and then some. So nice to see what real Presidents look and sound like.

22 Likes

St. Ronnie wasn’t there only because he didn’t want to offend the racist sexual predator and chronic liar, the twice impeached scum Trump. You know the Reagan GQP Golden Rule.

PS: It will be interesting going forward to see if Trump is invited to future “Presidential” gatherings.

2 Likes

“I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all. I hope everyone remembers!” he said.

I don’t think that is what they will remember. What I personally remember is Trump mumbling that the CDC is recommending masks, but since it wasn’t mandatory he would not be wearing one. What I think history will remember is that the richest country in the world was so poorly led that the pandemic became orders of magnitude worse than it should have been in the USA.

25 Likes

Trump’s press office did not immediately respond to TPM’s inquiry on his absence in the ad campaign.

Who?

14 Likes

It really hurts to see those bumbling blobs of infection ruining it for those good folks in TX. I feel for the health care workers, and the people who are indeed afraid of catching the virus. Deplorables and scum buckets all.

9 Likes

Excuse me. They’re not scum buckets. They’re actual stinking greasy disease-spreading scum: They are Republicans.

PS: I live around five miles from the Maine border in northern NH.

2 Likes

Texas and Florida are like the two sections of the swimming pool where it’s okay to pee.

26 Likes

Ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear!

4 Likes

I’m waiting for the day when the word “Defendant” appears before his name.

6 Likes

Even if they asked Trump to join in and he agreed, it would have had to have been totally about him and how he was cheated out of a second term. Trump’s policies were the biggest causes in COVID ravaging the US, so I expect he wasn’t invited.

2 Likes

I think what Rush actually said was, “Think only of yourself.” It’s the libertarian creed.

13 Likes

Hmmmmm. There seems to be someone missing. Who could it be?

…oh, I know! Beyonce!

5 Likes

I also remember the 500,000 deaths that happened on his watch. Funny how that works.

And I would love to get the vaccine. Too bad Wisconsin and Minnesota don’t have enough for me to get it before April or May. I am on five watchlists now. They aren’t even close.

At the same time, parents want schools to re-open. Where are teachers on the vaccine waiting lists? Until those teachers that want the vaccine have received it, no re-opening. Period.

6 Likes

Three months ago when the PSAs were being planned, Trump was (1) still pretending that he had won the election; and (2) aggressively making it very difficult for Biden’s team to ease into power.

There really was no way to include him (and therefore his wife) in any civil conversation about anything.

And this is apart from the question of his credibility on the subject of COVID.

8 Likes

More proof that; “You can’t cure Stupid.”

2 Likes

OT
But great way to start the day.Justice was swift when it came but it also took awhile to get here.

15 Likes

Where I live in VA, the health district that encompasses maybe 5-6 counties was on a roll with vaccines, then two weeks ago they did 700+, then last week it was 7000+. Things are all over the place.

4 Likes