NYT: Trump Tax Returns Subpoenaed By Manhattan Prosecutor | Talking Points Memo

The office of Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance subpoenaed accounting firm Mazars USA for financial documents related to President Trump and his business, the New York Times reported Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1248700
1 Like

They’ll get out eventually and not long after that, they’ll be made public by someone. There has to be something going on for him to fight it this hard. Very illegal activity or he’s not worth nearly as much as he says he is or both.

35 Likes

Burn, baby, burn.

13 Likes

Being caught in a lie that he can’t weasel out of is worse for Trump than anything else, even ruination.

9 Likes

Coming up next, Roberts finds in a 5-4 majority that, since a sitting President can’t be charged with a crime, prosecutors have no rights to look for the murder weapon used in the 5th Avenue shooting.

48 Likes

State prosecutors are looking into whether the Trump Organization falsely described the payments to Cohen as a legal expense in its accounting documents

Of course they did and there are probably hundreds of other personal expenses claimed as business expenses in those tax returns.

Buckle up, this one’s gonna get bumpy!

29 Likes

“The subpoena was issued late last month and among the records it seeks are eight years of Trump’s tax returns, the New York Times said.”

My schaden freudeth over.

60 Likes

Excellent t-shirt. Let me know where to get it!

15 Likes

Shit, @irasdad should sell that on amazon…

10 Likes

19 Likes

With a Sharpie, @irasdad ’ s schaden could freudeth over all the way to Alabama.

10 Likes

I’m going with both. At this point, “not as rich as he says he is” probably wouldn’t cost him a single supporter and I feel like he’d just spin it that his money is tied up in investments or some kind of easily disputed nonsense. This is about saving his ass from prison. It’s the reason he’s running for reelection although he clearly hates the job.

39 Likes

That’s not even remotely true. When caught in a lie he simply lies some more. It’s in his DNA.

19 Likes

He does bring an unparalleled inventiveness to the art of lying.

7 Likes

He is the Thomas Alva Edison of utter bulls***

14 Likes

Heh. Heh. Heh.

2 Likes

Oh, he’s not clever. Just loud, repetitive and shameless.

19 Likes

And so the highest official in the land completely stonewalled every attempt to get him to comply with the law of the land, and the citizens had to decide if they were at heart a monarchy or a democracy.

22 Likes

How does Barr protect Trump from this? I’m certain something will be pulled out of his ample ass.

20 Likes

Is that not ‘genius’ of a sort? If inventiveness is only 1% inspiration…