NYT: Giuliani Discussed ‘Pre-emptive Pardon’ With Trump | Talking Points Memo

Rudy Giuliani has discussed a potential carte blanche of a pardon with his client, President Trump, the New York Times reports.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1346950
1 Like

Well, IMHO pretty much ** everything ** Rudy related is just unpardonable…

23 Likes

So, bang there it is. He knows he’s guilty of stuff that could send him to prison or there would be no mention of a pardon at all. That explains all the crazier and crazier antics. He is desperate.

32 Likes

Why not? Rump is on a roll pardoning turkeys.

11 Likes

Rhetorical question. Do the undead need a pardon?

28 Likes

Giuliani has also steadfastly maintained that President Trump actually won the election last month. If true, that would seem to obviate the urgency of a pre-emptive pardon.

Very droll, Mr. Kovensky.

@josh_kovensky

38 Likes

This nicely confirms that we’re going to hear a lot of stuff next year that we’ve only suspected to be the case.

42 Likes

The crazy thing is, we already know he’s a crook, they all are, but the Trumpians have laid out over 150 million $$$ thus far and its landing into a PAC to defend Rumpians and disrupt Biden’s efforts.

13 Likes

How does that even work? I pardon Mr. Giuliani for all crimes he may ever be accused of?

19 Likes

Disbar the motherfucker

22 Likes

Allegedly, sir. Allegedly.

7 Likes

“By my order and for the good of the state, the bearer has done what has been done.”

11 Likes

It’s a Get Out of Jail Pre- Card.

18 Likes

He should have quit as “America’s Mayor”. Now he’s going out as the court jester.

14 Likes

As Sean Hannity said pardons are necessary to protect the pardoned from “witch hunts”. Expect a boatload of them to follow.

7 Likes

trump pardoning Rudy would be like Nixon pardoning Liddy
trump pardoning Barr would be like Nixon pardoning Mitchell
trump pardoning Flynn would be like Nixon pardoning Erlichman
trump pardoning ____ would be like Nixon pardoning _____

14 Likes
33 Likes

Let’s hope Letitia James has some plans in the works for this asshole.

25 Likes

The Times report is vague but I think the word “pre-emptive” is being used simply to say that the pardon would pre-empt any charges for crimes that may have been committed in the past, which is certainly a thing pardons can do.

Natch!

7 Likes

Is it true that accepting a pardon is equivalent to admitting guilt? I have heard people talk about turning down pardons, because it would complicate their guilt regarding a potential civil suit. Seems like Hunter Biden would have a huge bonanza on civil suits, with free and widespread admission of guilt.

13 Likes