NY AG Torches Trump For ‘Act Of Sedition’ With Talk Of Martial Law | Talking Points Memo

New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) issued a scathing rebuke of President Trump Wednesday after he flirted with the idea of imposing martial law in his last-ditch attempt at overturning election results,.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350881
1 Like

Do the right thing and arrest him the second he is dragged out.

32 Likes

If he’s going to be indicted soon, why make these statements now. How does it help?

5 Likes

Isn’t it way past time to arrest this traitor to the nation and Constitution?

15 Likes

…and he stews on the fact that he’s a loser…

Damn! Nicely done, Ms. James!

29 Likes

Trump must be arrested by the state of New York upon Biden’s swearing in, for tax and insurance fraud. He must be jailed without bond as a flight risk and his access to Twitter be denied.

22 Likes

Would it be better if they went for Rubio’s vision of “marshall law”

I’m no expert on “marshall law,” but I think it has something to do with a reboot of Laverne and Shirley.

18 Likes

The look she’s giving is about 2 seconds short of turning into the hand on the hip, wave the finger and go all in on them. You go, girl!

GettyImages-1228622128-150x150

8 Likes

I’m not sure the NY AG should be making these accusations. She is not and cannot charge him with sedition, and doesn’t the rhetoric make her vulnerable to claims of political persecution if and when she does indict him for chargeable crimes under NY state law?

5 Likes

I don’t think Trump is going to leave voluntarily. I think he is going to try to overturn the election by force… The real question is how many are going to stand by the Constitution and how many are going to side with the orange clown.

5 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

This is exactly right. Kudos to AG James for having the courage to call out the sitting President and his accomplices for engaging in criminal acts against the United States. Hopefully, others will follow her lead.

14 Likes

Some smart Dems like Tish James have sussed that going after Donald post-Jan 20th is going to be a growth industry, and Donald will live out the rest of his foul life in a constant state of fear and rage.

23 Likes

Charge him please!

3 Likes

He’s a loser, and he’s got sedition in his brain
He’s a loser, and he’s certifiably insane… :notes:
–not the Beatles

11 Likes

My point exactly!

2 Likes

Nice try, NY, the sedition is being done by Biden and his folks who are covering up all of the election fraud and trying to steal the presidency from the winner of the count at midnight on election day. Saw the video myself with the testimony of the president.

7 Likes

I applaud the idea, but there is a bit of a problem. Come January 20 Trump is not likely to be in New York. More likely in DC, Florida, or maybe even on a plane to somewhere there is no extradition. In any case, the likelihood of his being arrested will be muted by months if not years of court proceedings.

3 Likes

“The days of President Trump are closely coming to an end. And the reality is is that this is an act of sedition,” James said. “This president is engaging in illegality, and the fact that he would even consider martial law is an affront to our values, and to the Constitution.”

So, since sedition is a very serious crime, we can expect Trump to be arrested ASAP. Right? Right? Right? Regrettably, that apparently can not be until noon Jan 20th. The “president is above the law” bollocks needs to be fixed, so that going forward, a president can be arrested while in office.

9 Likes

I am sure she should not be.

5 Likes