Nunes Says He Got A Call From A Number Belonging To Lev Parnas’ Wife, Spoke To ‘Someone’ | Talking Points Memo

How did he KNOW it was Parnas’ wife? Please.

4 Likes

Should such an overthrow come to fruition, much time would pass before any historian could offer an objective assessment of how it occurred. When that time would come, historians would speak/write little about the role of the Republican Party and focus their attention on how oligarchs conspired to quash democracy and, in so doing, destroyed the very society that gave them the peace and security (protection of law) to enjoy their wealth.

The Republican Party is merely an instrument. The real blame falls at the feet of the rather stupid rich people pulling the strings. The paradox of power is that the more you assert it, the more you find yourself with unintended (and generally unwelcome) consequences.

2 Likes

Wow. Listen to him. He doesn’t deny talking to Parnas. This is basically a lesson in deflecting and sounding like you are answering the question. He is SO guilty.

4 Likes

I ALWAYS answer unknown numbers!

1 Like

Boy, you Canadians are polite and sane! I want to live in Canada, somewhere cosmopolitan, maybe Toronto. But given how badly the U.S.A has treated the rest of the world, I would certainly understand why Canada might have some misgivings about that.

1 Like

2020 slogan: VOTE FOR FELONS, VOTE REPUBLICAN!

2 Likes

Once Trump was elected, we’d hoped that his utter incompetence (so many bankruptcies!) would lead him to build a wall at our border. But alas, no.

Most of us have overcome the shock. And we’ve come to view half of the People of the US as battered spouses eligible for refugee applications. We can’t take you all immediately and will prioritize those who are not of “nude” colour, speak a language other than English, can skate, or recognize the purpose - and divinity stature - of a hockey stick.

We are, after all, a country with an established religion: hockey. But we recognize basketball as our improvised creation from their being “too much snow on the @#$&ing rink! How can we play this fast passed game in a gym.” And give it equal reverence.

1 Like

Dev keeps digging the hole deeper. Schiff has the phone logs and I have a feeling the call did not come from Parnas’s wife.

Noones has foot in mouth disease badly.

Uh yeah I had a call with someone about something at some time for some reason.

The Insanity Defense is Strong in This One

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) said on Sunday he had gotten a call from a number connected to Lev Parnas’ wife and spoke to “someone,” but did not say whom.

As I was going up the stair
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
He must be from the eff-ess-bey

1 Like

Someone needs to enforce the rule of law here. This guy is blatantly lying, all the while acting the gatekeeper. We look like fools as long as Nunes is one of the guys running the show. He is breaking the law. Someone make him pay for his deeds, or we are an international punch bag. It’s becoming an issue of national security.

Devin is clearly a liar.

1 Like

I don’t know what had happened. Someone had bludgeoned several people with MY machete. I was just helping to clean up the mess when the police arrived.

2 Likes

Hmmmmmm…interesting thought, however unlikely (Snopes rates it “unproven”).

However, it does boggle the mind to think she’d have gotten into the US under an “Einstein” visa without someone somewhere financing it. She spent a single year at a university meaning she flunked out the final exams (if she even attempted them) – at most European universities at that time, there were no grades (or attendance) except for cramming for and passing the exams at the end of the academic year, so she could have partied the whole time.

She certainly made no waves at all in the modelling world, so clearly she wasn’t a Wunderkind ih her “profession”.

Her oft-cited gift for languages is clearly a joke – learning a little bit of vocabulary and a few schoolbook phrases in another language doesn’t mean you “speak” it. One need only listen to her halting scarcely more than broken English after, what, 20 years?, to see how ungifted she is linguistically.

So, yes, it makes sense that there is another reason behind the visa she received. Sadly, though, I doubt we’ll ever find out the real reason behind it. But an Epstein-like sugar daddy arrangement would certainly be a logical assumption considering her lack of any particular talent…

1 Like

Some of the Republicans are starting to realize that Schiff is a lot better prosecutor than they are criminals

He is paddling as fast as he can to spin the known problems while trying to guess about what else may come out that may further contradict him. They have him by the short hairs (Or in Nunes’ case, maybe the long ones) and he knows it

Shamelessness, greed and the ability to follow instructions seem to be the desired traits when buying congresspeople

Well said

Double O Devin is not a very good operative - if you want to be a clever and deceitful manipulator, you have to be clever, so obviously he is missing the primary ingredient.

1 Like

What Nunes failed to disclose: Lev Parnes and his wife share the same cell phone. Russian agnet Nunes was talking and emailing directly to Lev Parnes.

Nunes needs to turn over his travel reports and his email server!

Lock him up…Nunes is either a Russian agent or a useful fool to Putin!

1 Like

I recall an extended article on Melaria’s gold digging activities in an magazine a few years ago. I think that a billionaire had tired of Melaria and arranged for her to be passed on to Preshitident Skanky Putin Whore. The introductions were made at a baseball game because Marla did not go these games. The facts are out there. I am not precluding Epstein just yet. Iwanka, Skanky and Epstein had a business arrangement. Skanky partook of the activities involving minors at Epstein house. Iwanka worked the floor at the party pimping the teens that the Trump Modeling Agency had trafficked to the sick and dirty billionaires. Sleazy Iwanka made a lot of money for the Organization at these parties.

Well, so much for that.

Matt: More Americans want Trump impeached than want him kept. Stop lying about us.

The evidence from the transcript is by itself is overwhelming.

The Republicans want us to believe that a hostage with a gun to his head is being disparaged because we fail to believe his praise is uncoerced.

Trump’s claim that Article II allows him to do anything he wants tells you all you need about his attitude towards the constitution.

And, yeah, we will remember in November.o

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available