Now We Finally Know: Notorious Kremlin-Linked Oligarch Paid For Giuliani’s Trips - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Rudy Giuliani had his travel expenses covered by an indicted Ukrainian oligarch’s company as he sought dirt on President Biden, the New York Times reported this week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1427648
1 Like

FARA violation? But Guiliani and T**** have no untoward Russian influence, right, boss?

Almost goes w/o saying that Firtash would contact Giuliani regarding something to do with the gas trade.

57 Likes

Wow! Color me shocked and surprised by this news…
:roll_eyes:

38 Likes

And why am I not surprised? At this point the question around the Trump camp is what have the Russians not paid for?

Almost a dog bites man story, except the corruption is so extreme that I guess it is a mammoth sized dog continues to bite man story.

54 Likes

Hope the Fulton County GA DA has a different outcome for Rudy.

26 Likes

"The former NYC mayor says he was unaware … "

Man speaks the truth.

28 Likes

“No puppet. No puppet. You’re the puppet.”

46 Likes

Dental-hygiene violation.

(Periodontists say Rudy could face 20-to-life.)

48 Likes

Dear Fani:

Please nail Rudy.

37 Likes

Rudy really seemed to have a passion for election improprieties.
I suspect if he’s in the clear for FARA, he’s still got a lot of exposure for coup plotting: somehow, I doubt he was whiling away his time at the Willard Hotel on 1/6 playing mumblety peg.

33 Likes

“Russia, Russia, Russia!” “Hoax!” “Witch Hunt!”

Get a microphone in front of TFG. This is an easy script to read. No words over two syllables, and all well rehearsed, unlike “yesterday,” which is a hard word for him to read from the teleprompter.

28 Likes

How far Rudy has sunk. There was a brief period post 9/11 where I feared Rudy as a shoe-in for President. But man, there is no indignity too low for this guy, no shame he is unwilling to subject himself to.

50 Likes

It might be timely to “disappear” Firtash, relieve him of his money (since he has so much that he “has no idea where it goes.”) If all goes well, US might trade him back to Russia in a prisoner swap. Perhaps after all that, Firtash might be more careful which country’s laws he violates.

24 Likes

From the Article:

["Both parties directly involved — Giuliani and Firtash — claim ignorance.

The Times reported that the DOJ is unlikely to issue charges in the matter."]

Textbook White Collar Criming…but accountability awaits Rudy.

23 Likes

Rudy’s still mad about Time magazine putting former NYC Police Comish Bill Bratton on their cover during Rudy’s reign. He became more popular than Rudy, who eventually forced him out - all the way out to California.

But yea, a ‘makeover’ ain’t in the works for Rudy.

14 Likes

Let’s see what Rudy paid to the IRS for all that flying about and staying in upscale hotels.

32 Likes

Anyone across the political spectrum, from Tankie Rose Dead-Ender Twitterers to the most swivel-eyed loon of a MAGAt, who deny that Big Oil and Gas and Big Blackmail represented chiefly by the Russians and Saudis (not-so secretly boosted by the Israeli Likudniks pushing for their country to become - hold your irony goblets aloft - a Jewish Tehran) completely owned Trump even before 2016 and by extension the Zombie Conservative Rethuglican Party, are in willful ignorance at this point.

Nearly every major geopolitical disruption we have seen for over a decade can be laid at the feet of that axis, to their dead-end smash and grab operation before all extractive industry has nothing left. They took the gifts the Bush W. regime gave them by the ineffective and blundering Afghan and Iraqi WarrenTerra and the failure to check the Moscow Mafia and then they decided it’d be nice to own one of America’s two major political parties outright. And here we are.

37 Likes

The former NYC mayor says he :

• was unaware of who the paymaster was.
  • couldn’t recall who the dungeon-master was.
  • never caught the name of the dude that sold him that “special hair dye”
  • seems to recall that (regardless of city) the bartender on duty whenever he gets “over-served” responds to the name “Buddy”
  • but is absolutely certain that 20 year old girls find him sizzling “hot”
28 Likes

Sometimes conspiracy theorists are right.

12 Likes

Giuliani, via an attorney, claims that the former mayor had “no idea” the oligarch was funding the trips.

So who did he think was funding the trips, then? Seems like he should have that answer lined up by now, but I guess he’s too busy scouting the next parking lot to debase himself in?

46 Likes