North Carolina Supreme Court Secretly Squashed Discipline of Two GOP Judges Who Admitted to Violating Judicial Code

We now have the “new and improved” comments section. Is it “improved”?
Somehow they always have to jack around with something just to prove they can play with it. It was working fine before. What needed “improving”???

2 Likes

Success, and me commenting too :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new Discourse is improved!

• The old forum homepage is now an expandable sidebar available on every page
  • Quoting and draft-abandonment have new UI with more options
  • There is a chat function that really works
  • They didn’t break or ruin any of the old functionality (in defiance of the web-wide trend of enshittification)

I also intuit that there are changes on the back-end, that we users don’t see, but which are valuable. I would not be surprised if there’s better security or handling of PII, to comply with the GPDR or CCPA (but I’m just speculating); if there are such changes, they might very well be mandated by law.

It was a bummer that the Hive was down over the weekend, but consider that any feelings of frustration you may have over it are just signs of how valuable this place is to you.

6 Likes

Finally I’m leaving a comment on the main page

Yay

3 Likes

1 / “For my friends everything; for my enemies, the law.”
2 / Further proof, if you needed any, that the New South is still showing the Old South under its bloomers.
3 / More Trump will exhibit more of this self-serving, corrupt behavior at the Federal level.

3 Likes

I just came here to say that surely the headline should be “Supreme Court Quashed Discipline,” and not “Squashed Discipline.”

This is one time I would have welcomed an AI-written headline.

2 Likes

Charles Percy, Illinois sena. . . I no, wait. He is dead. So, not currently, no.

5 Likes

came here to say the same thing.

1 Like

Is there a morning memo?

Still can’t see comments on main story … arggghhhh

Here

Right now, there’s only one comment.

I just wanted to say how important these pro publica articles are. I never have anything to say in the comments section but I’m always glad I read them