Noem Pats Herself On The Back For ‘Unique’ COVID Approach. SD Has Been Hit Especially Hard. | Talking Points Memo

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) is patting herself on the back for her state’s laissez-faire response to the coronavirus pandemic, falsely claiming that a hands-off attitude has helped  South Dakotans fare better than people in “virtually every other state.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358089
1 Like

Noem. Just another T**** Death Panel Contestant…

26 Likes

Liar! Plain and simple, she’s a damned liar hell bent on leveraging corruption for future political reasons.

25 Likes

Christamighty!

28 Likes

Judge, not contestant…

15 Likes

Noem’s only accomplishment as a 2024 contender will be to make Nikki Haley look moderate and bright by comparison. And sane…

20 Likes

Thinking outside the box by putting people in pine boxes.

29 Likes

Not yet.

Although she probably skipped to the head of a line as a “vital employee”.

5 Likes

“We did have tragedies and we did have losses, but we also got through it better than virtually every other state,”

She seems to think it is over. S. Dakota is pretty screwed with her right now. Her base is going to be underground at this point, in the cemetery.

22 Likes

And how much federal money was used in her ‘unique’ COVID approach?

“We did have tragedies and we did have losses, but we also got through it better than virtually every other state,” Noem said.

I believe she’s using the royal we here.

15 Likes

She just makes it up out of whole cloth and Ingraham nods her head. Fox has done this country irreparable harm. Murdoch is a criminal.

37 Likes

Are there any real small c
conservatives left?
has the entire movement become the party of the stupid?
Paging Mr. Jindal

7 Likes

killed 1,779 people in her state

it really is a testimony to what Republicans believe in, what conservatives believe in.

That tracks.

23 Likes

How is she polling in SD, anybody know?
Are they just fine with all the deaths?

3 Likes

When untold numbers of preventable deaths is no cause for alarm, anything goes.

30 Likes

South Dakota has the 6th highest covid-19 death rate among all states according to Statista’s data from 3 days ago.
Minnesota and Wisconsin are tied at 33rd place with a death rate of 111 per 100,000 people versus 201 for S.D.

20 Likes

The looks of Michele Bachmann and the brains of Sarah Palin. It’s a powerful (about one in every eight residents in the state has contracted COVID-19) and winning (one in every about 500 people have died from the virus) combination. Looks like Nikki Haley has some competition to be Ted Cruz’s running mate…

6 Likes

Kristi, Kristi, Kristi, you’re confused. It’s like golf, not football. When it comes to death rates and infection rates, high numbers are BAD, not good…

17 Likes

General Custer: “My unique approach to attacking the Sioux along the Little Big Horn has helped the 7th Cavalry fare better than virtually every other Army unit.”

18 Likes

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don’t know
On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about, I’m like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say

Carry on my wayward son
There’ll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don’t you cry no more, no

and yes this a song from Kansas, but it fits a woman from SD.

12 Likes