No One On US Women’s Soccer Team Wants To Visit WH

President Trump’s played coy this week, telling reporters he hasn’t yet thought about whether he would invite the U.S. Women’s National Soccer team to the White House following their domination at the 2019 World Cup in France over the weekend.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1234300
1 Like

Good, rejection is one of the few things that work against him. Especially when it comes from a winner…it just highlights how much of a loser he is.

Childish temper tantrum and Meltdown incoming in 3…2…1

17 Likes

Good on her for calling him out for what he is. He will not take it graciously since that isn’t how he works. The Bully in Chief will smear from Twitter, but would never do so to her face. He knows she would kick his ass just as hard the soccer ball.

13 Likes

They’ll craft the invitation in such a way that it will be declined, and then will sob about how the team snubbed the President.
I realize that it won’t take much to have the team decline. My guess is that the invitation will say something about the President’s ongoing support of the team, and use the “One nation, one team” phrase to demand that it be the entire team or no one at all.

1 Like

20 Likes

27 Likes

I don’t think anyone on the team has any interest in lending the platform that we’ve worked hard to build and the things that we fight for and the way that we live our life — I don’t think we want that to be co-opted or corrupted by this administration.

GOOOOOOAAAL!

25 Likes

This woman is the character of championship defined - on and off the field! I am a fan.

15 Likes

“yes to anyone else that wants to invite us and have a substantive conversation and believe in the same things we believe in”

Fairly or not, we are not used to athletes being so well-spoken. While I’m sure Rapinoe gave some thought to this statement before she made it, rather than going wholly off the cuff, our dear leader couldn’t convincingly read the words off of a teleprompter.

9 Likes

The more I see of these ladies, the more I like and respect them. #tuckfrump

11 Likes

Those mostly Trumpers who complain about athletes who are vocal about issues of concern like Ms. Rapinoe and challenge their patriotism as not being MAGA enough probably are still grumbling about Cassis Clay, and still refer to him by that name. Complained about Hank Aaron beating Babe Ruth’s home run record to the point where an Atlanta police Officer had to protect him from death threats as well as the likes of Arthur Ashe and Billie Jean King and think wrestling is a real sport.

5 Likes

I’m with the soccer team. Don’t visit Trump. I just wish they would stop using F bombs. Children are watching.

3 Likes

Agree with the first part. As for the second part…have you read any of my posts? You’re probably talking to the wrong person on that. But I get your drift.

2 Likes

Kick him in the nuts, Megan!

1 Like

Why should they waste their time going to the White House when they can get a Donald Trump State Dinner at any fast-food drive-thru in the DC area?

Why, instead of a “White House”, they can go to a “White Castle”! I mean, that’s fucking royalty, man!

5 Likes

[No One On US Women’s Soccer Team Wants To Visit White House

Shocking.

1 Like

For fuck’s sake

3 Likes

I would love to see Trump surrounded by women who could ,everyone of them, kick his fat ass.
His hands would look smaller.

2 Likes

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!

© 2019 Pia Guerra

14 Likes

Barr is going to have to drag Rapinoe before his HUAC and ruin her. To do otherwise would be denying his very nature.

1 Like