NIH Director Snaps At Fox News Anchor Pressing Him On COVID Origins | Talking Points Memo

NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins on Wednesday increasingly lost his patience with Fox News anchor Martha MacCallum as she repeatedly pressed him on the origins of COVID-19.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1376212

I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone with an ounce of integrity would waste their time appearing on Fox.

24 Likes

Regardless of where the virus originated, the incontrovertible fact is that Trump failed the American people to the extent it borders on a crime against humanity.

And even if the virus originated in a lab, that fact is immutable, but it’s a “nice” attempt to put some english on the ball by right wing media.

30 Likes

It would be interesting if dumpster’s NIH funded this gain of function research wouldn’t it?

Or are they pointing the finger at Obama?

5 Likes

FoxNews, which is cancerous, asking these types of questions is really rich, really rich.

14 Likes

Well sure, because if COVID originated in a Chinese lab, that means all 595,00 people in U.S., and the millions in the rest of the world, didn’t really die.

13 Likes

“I categorically deny that the NIH and its grant funding in a subcontract with the Wuhan Institute of Virology was permitted to do anything that would have created a virus that would have increased its transmissibility or virulence for humans,” Collins said.

Perhaps MacCallum should put a little more thought into her questions: if the NIH was funding gain-of function research on viruses in the Wuhan lab in the years before the pandemic, they were doing so under the aegis of the Drumpf administration.
It seems to me if she really wants to antagonize someone who could answer her questions, she should interrogate the flunkies Donnie appointed to oversee the relevant departments.
ETA: The possibility suggests questions like, “So, why did Prez’nent Donnie want to continue funding this research on viruses? Was it part of his “special” relationship with Chairman Xi?”

18 Likes

It would have to have been at least reauthorized to continue by Donnie’s shills.

5 Likes

It’s not about “integrity”; Collins is trying to put reality-based information out there for even the consumers of Faux Snooze. Whether they choose to pay attention is on them… If he can change one mind in a thousand it is probably worth his time.

20 Likes

I came here to say the same thing. What do they think, “fair and balanced” is a real thing?

3 Likes

You could have a video of a person getting bit by a bat and then that person being the first person to get covid and it wouldn’t matter, there is no amount of proof that would be enough to disprove the conspiracy theories being spread by the right, that’s how conspiracy theories work.

24 Likes

Collins, you fucked up when you agreed to go on faux.

4 Likes

It’s his job to reach the unvaxxed masses.

24 Likes

What is the end game here? Even if we prove the virus originated in a Chinese lab, then what does Fox want to happen? For us to sue China? But in that case, we should also be able to sue Trump and Kushner.

I guess they must think blaming China takes the onus off Trump. But of course it doesn’t.

One thing we can be sure of is that Fox isn’t doing this because they believe in knowledge and science.

20 Likes

“When you get hit by a car, you don’t demand to know where the factory is that made it.”

14 Likes

In RWNJs’ fever dreams this would confirm the Biden/China “collusion” started during Obama’s administration. 3.7 million dollars.

Also Hunter Biden because he’s there.

14 Likes

I knew I shouldn’t have asked. :worried:

6 Likes

The good doctor should have asked her how Fox decides which past events demand further investigation and which ones don’t.

14 Likes

Hunter Biden’s laptop was made in china, just sayin.

10 Likes

Hillary was running the whole bioweapons op in Wuhan out of an obscure outpost in Benghazi.

Been trying to warn y’all this was coming, nobody listens to me.

16 Likes