New Trump Appointee to Foreign Aid Agency Has Denounced Liberal Democracy and ‘Our Homo-Empire’ | Talking Points Memo

This story first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1312923
1 Like

“All the best people.”

17 Likes

Ladies you can be an asshole too
Frank Zappa

16 Likes

Oh my. How ever will she be able to endure being so far from the natural pleasures of the domestic, far from the guardianship of a loving husband, and far from the life-giving experience of motherhood?

17 Likes

When you’re coming up splinters it’s time to stop scraping the bottom of the barrel.

22 Likes

She seems nice…

7 Likes

Question: What’s below the bottom of the barrel?

Answer: Dirt.

8 Likes

Is she available for kids’ parties? Bar mitzvahs? What a charmer she is

11 Likes

She Merritt’s obvious lesbotic tendencies…

5 Likes

What’s the odds the following belongs to Merritt Corrigan?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Haggard's_Law

8 Likes

Sooner or later it’s going to go full on “The Purge”…

7 Likes

“Liberal democracy is little more than a front for the war being waged against us by those who fundamentally despise not only our way of life, but life itself.”

A bit long for a hat.

Maybe he has it on a bumper-sticker, in very small print.

7 Likes

Had a son-in-law once that was rabidly homophobic. To the point he was intolerable in social situations. Heard through the grapevine a couple years back he left his wife for some guy at work.

17 Likes

That is more malevolent than benevolent.

1 Like

I think this is her. The article itself doesn’t mention her but her name is in the caption.

This is part of her screed from “Conservative Woman”

We must be men, and we must hate men.

It’s no wonder, then, that so many, with the spectre of enslavement looming, have run for refuge in their academic degrees, their earnings potential, their Netflix series and cocktail hours and one-night stands. Today, women are angry, isolated, increasingly childless, and desperately seeking meaning in disposable professional roles. We now toil side-by-side with men, equal in our voting rights, but unequal in our needs, our unfulfilled longings, and our separate miseries. The false song of feminism (to borrow a phrase) has doubled our burden, and stolen from us the pursuit of our fundamental purpose, the fulfilment of our biological imperative to be mothers.

She’s a wackaloon. My bet is some weird “ultra orthodox” Catholic sect or evangelical.

ETA Sorry. The article was in all places the South China Post.

14 Likes

I guarantee you that Merritt Corrigan is so deep in the closet he is finding next year’s Christmas Presents.

Shakespeare: “Methinks the Lady doth protest too much”.

4 Likes

She looks like she’s about 14 years old.

4 Likes

SHE, not he.

10 Likes

Mentally, she’s not there yet.

8 Likes

I wonder if she has any Eagle Forum on her resume?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available