New GOP Caucus Pushes Nativist Agenda With Calls For ‘Uniquely Anglo-Saxon Political Traditions’ | Talking Points Memo

A new “policy platform” document sprinkled with nativist and white supremacist language emerged Friday from a newly launched far-right caucus linked to Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ). The group is, according to the document, pushing for “uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions” and new infrastructure that “befits the progeny of European architecture.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1370136
1 Like

WOW… Anglo Saxon political traditions. I’m impressed

23 Likes

This ain’t no dog whistle.

Wonder who’s going to have the white sheet concession for caucus meetings?

55 Likes

Well then, I’m out, since my forebears hail from Lithuania, Poland, and Pacoima.

31 Likes

whereby public infrastructure must be utilitarian as well as stunningly, classically beautiful, befitting a world power and source of freedom.

And should only be filmed by Leni Reifanstahl.

37 Likes

They don’t bother to even try to disguise it anymore

43 Likes

I see they’ve narrowed down our heritage from Judeo-Christian to Anglo-Saxon

39 Likes

There is your anglo-saxon culture… you notice that there are no guns?

31 Likes

Who will be the High Priestess of the State Wiccan Coven?

10 Likes

Elvira.

4 Likes

MTG

Not kidding.

10 Likes

The so called America first caucus advocate for“the architectural, engineering and aesthetic value that befits the progeny of European architecture, whereby public infrastructure must be utilitarian as well as stunningly, classically beautiful, befitting a world power and source of freedom.”
What do they expect a resurrection of Albert Speer? I take it they’re also not fond of the Latin American architecture that has been in their districts and states for the past few millennium.

19 Likes

This Irish American says “Anglo Saxons, Feck off!”

Honestly,“Anglo Saxons?” 1903 called, they want their meme back

39 Likes

The turd, first floated by Punchbowl News, appears to outline the policy posture of the “America First Caucus,” which has pledged “to follow in President Trump’s footsteps.”

9 Likes

America First Caucus? Kinda’ rhymes with Deutschland über Alles.

23 Likes

It’s a special breed of racism, indeed, that doesn’t even like other white peoples.

28 Likes

So’s Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.

And Vladimir Putin

16 Likes

staunch supporters of former President Donald Trump

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer!

14 Likes

Can’t wait for the mead halls to spring up, the Scops to retell the Beowulf stories, plans for rape, plunder, and pillage of the weaker, and government by a bunch of drunk warriors. Sounds like Marjorie and her funny friends have found a spiritual home.

25 Likes

Bless their little cotton socks.

9 Likes