New Filing Accidentally Reveals Scope Of Giuliani SDNY Probe | Talking Points Memo

Manhattan federal prosecutors executed search warrants on three Ukrainians in their investigation into Rudy Giuliani, botched redactions in a court filing reveal.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1375345
1 Like

Oh man, a lawyer is about to get a first class reaming from a judge.

47 Likes

Unforced error or poisoning the well?

25 Likes

Yup

12 Likes

Hell, I don’t even trust the “mistakes” anymore.

29 Likes

the iPhone and iPad of pro-Trump Ukrainian businessman Alexander Levin (02/28/2020 and 3/02/2020)

How did they get the physical devices? Was Levin still hanging out in this country?

10 Likes

I assume they’re too stupid and incompetent to be anything other than a KKKlown Show.

8 Likes

New Filing Accidentally Reveals Scope Of Giuliani SDNY Probe

As in accidentally-on-purpose? Or what…? :roll_eyes:

26 Likes

Totally agree when it comes to THIS confederacy of Dunces…smdh.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Bondy has argued that Parnas is a victim of selective prosecution by the Trump DOJ, and named a list of people who he believed would appear in evidence gathered from the warrants.

Those include, beyond Giuliani and Victoria Toensing, “the former President, former Attorney General William P. Barr, high-level members of the Justice Department, Presidential impeachment attorneys Jay Sekulow, Jane Raskin and others, Senator Lindsey Graham, Congressman Devin Nunes and others.”

My schaden is freuding.

82 Likes

I’d like to see a few more accidents when it comes to Rudy. Falling Piano, Meteor Strike, Hair Dye Overdose, etc.

23 Likes

Time for a refresher course on Redactions for Dummies.

Unless this was an intentional mistake. Then - especially, as @ncsteve said - prepare for the reaming.

26 Likes

That’s one hell of a list, they better hope they have their stories straight.

26 Likes

Most people lose their job from such an amateur mistake. Others just slouch toward the career-ender role as either Giuliani’s or Parnas’ attorney.

14 Likes

Those include, beyond Giuliani and Victoria Toensing, “the former President, former Attorney General William P. Barr, high-level members of the Justice Department, Presidential impeachment attorneys Jay Sekulow, Jane Raskin and others, Senator Lindsey Graham, Congressman Devin Nunes and others.”

I know this is regarding a different criminal matter, but is an indication of why no Republican currently in office should be allowed to participate in any way, shape, or form with any investigation of 1/6. We can’t know who among them was involved nor the extent of that involvement at this time.

41 Likes

They finally realize that they should use the black highlighter, not the yellow one.

14 Likes

I had to wonder if someone is taking a dive on the case.

7 Likes

OT: Now there are two.

45 Likes

Bondy has argued that Parnas is a victim of selective prosecution by the Trump DOJ, and named a list of people who he believed would appear in evidence gathered from the warrants. Bondy added that the evidence would likely come in the form of “e-mail, text, and encrypted communications.”

So it seems like Parnas kept his receipts. That’s the difference between committed lackeys (Gates to Manafort) and self-interested “businessmen” (Parnas to Giuliani). Gates used and deleted encrypted messaging to help obscure what they were doing, but Parnas likely kept them in his back pocket in case things went awry. He understood the cost of doing business and what insurance could buy him.

30 Likes

All these self-deleting messages can easily be preserved by anyone with a camera.

15 Likes