Neal Jabs Trump For Having ‘Gamed Tax Code To His Advantage’ After NYT Report | Talking Points Memo

That’s the point. It would’ve been a really good idea for Neal to have done that, aggressively, beginning January 22, 2019.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was the thing that kept catching my eye - no evidence of Russian contacts. Why that specifically in the middle of articles on his taxes?

1 Like

Maybe because they did find the Saudi and Qatar ones, but couldn’t link the Russkie ones because all that was laundered through loans from DB.

12 Likes

My impression was that the russian money was either the laundered loans, as you say, or the inflated purchases of property.

Although I also have to wonder about his deal with NBC. That seems like a lot of money just for appearing on TV. Does he co-own the show?

6 Likes

It was a big hit show for a while. Los of money in tv, and he was the marquee on it.

1 Like

According to the article, some of that data has been available to congress due to an oooold and ongoing audit. To be clear though, it only contains what Don Bobo or his accountants put there, there is no supporting documentation.

3 Likes

in one report I read, it indicated that he had co ownership…or some equivalent arrangement

Absolutely OT, but I just read a great joke:

Q: What is the difference between Barron Trump and Hunter Biden.

A: Donald Trump has heard of Hunter Biden.

8 Likes

Taibbi should know better.

They aren’t going to find collusion with Putin in Trump’s tax forms; they’ll find it in the tax records of the Trump Corporation.

And I agree completely - Matt Taibbi is a useful idiot for Putin and Russia.

6 Likes

How can we even be concerned about any of this piddly-ass shit when the Democrat Party is driving poor Brad Parscale to suicide?!!!

2 Likes

Real Estate and Golf Courses…two of the top ways to launder money from what I have read. And Ding Ding Chump rings both bells.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin/status/1310599909981057026

@ECMcLaughlin
](https://twitter.com/ECMcLaughlin)

Parscale being under investigation by the FEC for $170 mill in money laundering, combined with this Channel 4 news story showing that Trump’s campaign has had a database on every American of voting age since 2016 that categorized Black Americans as “Deterrence,” explains a lot.

15 Likes

What I wouldn’t give for Katie Porter to be in Neal’s position in the House W&M committee!

11 Likes

ICYMI

Longtime adderall abuser and future New York state prison inmate King Kockholster has said Biden will likely do very well in the debate tomorrow. And, being a “very stable genius,” he knows why.

Biden’s deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield responded in a statement to Politico:

“Vice President Biden intends to deliver his debate answers in words. If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it. We’d expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn’t make a plan to stop COVID-19.”

He also pissed away a family fortune. But if nothing else, Professional Pissboy knows his urine tests.

download

13 Likes

Taibbi and Greenwald should be silent until the Crack of Doom.
Neither of them is even remotely believable.

8 Likes

One small paragraph from the NYT report explains where they could have found places to start - but also tells why this audit thing is on hold:

“Records show that the results of an audit of Mr. Trump’s refund were sent to the joint committee in the spring of 2011. An agreement was reached in late 2014, the documents indicate, but the audit resumed and grew to include Mr. Trump’s returns for 2010 through 2013. In the spring of 2016, with Mr. Trump closing in on the Republican nomination, the case was sent back to the committee. It has remained there, unresolved, with the statute of limitations repeatedly pushed forward.”

Don Bobo is in deep financial straits even without this, with at least $300 million due and payable 2022. National security risk indeed and a sneaky, lying one at that.

7 Likes

MGM owns “The Celebrity Apprentice” and “The Apprentice” show formats. It maintains a direct financial relationship with Trump and Mark Burnett, the producer who created the show in 2004. Trump has said he has 50% of Burnett’s stake in the show—but no one has offered any proof.

4 Likes

I love that the Trump campaign keeps sending Donald Jr. out there to defend this shit and his main avenue is attacking Hunter Biden. Do they think that plays with ANY crowd outside the MAGA idiots? Especially coming from him?

4 Likes

10 Likes

Maybe he had to “refresh” those hair plugs. Because all the stress is making the original ones fall out.

Plugs are expensive, ya know. And if you have to do it every month or two, . . . well… unlike all Trump’s excuses … it adds up.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available