Neal Jabs Trump For Having ‘Gamed Tax Code To His Advantage’ After NYT Report | Talking Points Memo

Yes with Pelosi “jabbing” and now Neal “jabbing” we should have Chump positively “irked” in another couple years.

6 Likes

Richard Neal (D-MA) is dead wood, as far as I’m concerned. A very lackluster career Old Guard congressman who, despite his vaunted position of chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, has done nothing of significance to actually investigate DT’s countless financial conflicts of interest. And this story is another example of him covering his ass while missing the mark by a long shot. “Gaming the system” suggests that the system is OK. It is not OK, and it’s disgraceful that this guy plays along to get along. He had a strong Dem opponent in the recent primary and Neal cheated and lied and disparaged the guy with the help of the deeply entrenched Old Guard in Massachusetts politics to win. Yeah, if he lost, the chairmanship of HWM would have gone to someone else, but it no doubt would go to a Dem.

15 Likes

Just as time and time again, Trump has shown that there is no bottom to the cesspit where his bottom feeding continues, I have learned that there is no top to the outrage. I used to worry about outrage fatigue. I feel only greater amounts of it. I frequently feel like I need to shower more often due to all of the neverending filth.

Won’t it be really nice to have someone moral, ethical and competent return to the White House, so we can all feel a little bit more normal? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Yes, the House lawsuit “will prevail”, in August 2021.

3 Likes

he’s been under IRS audit for “a long time.”

Donald Trump is a career criminal. Get him out of the White House, Republicans!

5 Likes

There is a very simple reason the Dems have avoided investigating his financial crimes whenever possible. It’s not a popular fact on here, but it’s no less true or obvious. A lot of politicians of all stripes commit a boatload of financial crimes every year. No one wants to open that Pandora’s Box and that’s why things will continue to degenerate in Washington until the country hits entropy.

3 Likes

Donnie won’t show up for the debate.

That is what his “DEMAND” that Biden take a “Drug Test” is all about, to give him a way to get out of the Debates.

5 Likes

Fine. He needs the debates more than Joe and backing out will make him look weak, not make Joe look dirty.

6 Likes

Scalp the motherfucker.

1 Like

Let’s not run down the rabbit hole of discussing Neal and his committee while the fox is bounding away across the meadow - follow the fucking tax fraud and concomitant debts owed!

14 Likes

The money laundering is the real story. That’s all his ‘business empire’ is. A bunch of failing properties designed to help him move money around for others.

8 Likes

Richard Neal chairs Ways and Means, the Committee responsible for the tax code. Clean it up! Remove loopholes!

We are going to find out that many of the egregious write-offs in tRump’s taxes have a legal basis, although probably enhanced. The tax code has been written by the super wealthy, for the super wealthy.

10 Likes

I find it strange that Neal is saying anything. He could have got these IRS files by Trump, but he was waiting for something. He never did anything to force Trump and the IRS to give him the information he had a right and laws that he could get them. SO, SHUT UP NEAL, just do your job and get them.

6 Likes

Neal urged that the IRS’s presidential audit program remain independent, and that the Times’ report “underscores the importance” of the Ways and Means Committee’s ongoing lawsuit to access Trump’s tax returns.

Bingo! Nice play.

4 Likes

I read over at RollingStone that Matt Taibbi has commented about “they didn’t find any Russian stuff in his tax forms” (slight paraphrase)

In reply to Matt and others who consider this “proves” there’s no Russian money, consider: DTJr proudly boasting that “all our money comes from Russian investment” (again, a paraphrase, but pretty close)

Russian loans and private arrangements aren’t going to be by the book, or logged in the book.
Russian oligarchs have contributed heavily to Republicans like McConnell, Rubio, Cruz, and yours and my favorite: Lyndsey “please help me!” Graham…to the tune of nearly 8 Million Rubles.

Hey, Matt. GFY you Russian useful idiot, and take your pal Glenn with you.

10 Likes

Got a feeling that there are some more bombshells gonna drop on the Shitgibbon.

Almost bet that he will be on a plane headed out of the US when his resignation drops and Preznit Pence pardons him.

3 Likes

They shouldn’t speak so early. NYT indicated there are more shoes to drop from offshoots of this.

I rather expect the source of his funding and who he owes money to would have been at the top of their list to look into.

12 Likes

Pretty much. Neal has been failing on the job after he waited months before even requesting Trump’s taxes.

This NYT reporting shows exactly how why those taxes should have been requested on Day 1 of the current Congress (Jan 3rd, 2019) and then sent to the relevant federal and state law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating tax fraud.

6 Likes

‘It’ also looks like a bad haircut.

Neal has had a fine career, one of which he may justly be quite proud. But it now is well past time for him to turn the reins over to someone else more energetic, and more capable of and eager to lead. Neal’s pathetic framing of this issue typifies all that is wrong with the current crop of Democratic leaders. “Weak sauce” is too charitable of a description for Neal’s attempted half-swing.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available