NBC: Retired NYPD Officer To Face Charges For Alleged Pipe Attack In Capitol Riot | Talking Points Memo

A retired NYPD officer who surrendered at the FBI’s Hudson Valley office Monday is expected to face charges over allegations that he used a pipe to attack Capitol Police during the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to a report.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361674
1 Like

I wonder how this fits into the Frank Gaffney-associated fantasy that Ron Johnson read in the hearing today.

23 Likes

What a disgusting and vile human being. I cannot believe that a NYPD police officer would try to murder a law enforcement officer defending the Capitol.

31 Likes

”…he used a pipe to attack Capitol Police during the Jan. 6 insurrection.”

“GOP Patriot” = Cop Killer

This isn’t complicated.

46 Likes

On a related note. Justice is coming.

25 Likes

11 Likes

A retired NYPD officer

Nooooo! An NYPD officer (ret.) is a raving Trumper (and therefore likely racist). Noooooo…

7 Likes

Fascist cop. Who’da thunkit.

14 Likes

Apparently this guy is the one who tried to gouge out the eye of one of the Capitol or Met DC police. The last I read the officer could still lose his eye. Sick that a cop would do this to another cop. But when Trump is above the law, a god! to the low filth who support him, all is permitted. Isn’t that the definition of anarchy?

23 Likes

It’s pretty clear the DoJ will first take down Trump’s loyal foot soldiers -Proud Boys, Oathkeepers, and the like - mafia style, before taking on Trump himself.

Because, otherwise, we can easily imagine a scenario where he encourages violence against the judge, the prosecution, and members of the jury adjudicating his case. Take down the provocateurs, and there’s no one to answer his call as occurred on 1/6.

35 Likes

So that whole thin blue line thingy?

Maybe the injured officer was a POC?

Or is there a sedition exemption we haven’t heard about?

14 Likes

Yes, it says everything we need to know about ‘Blue Lives Matter’ – only so as long as they’re doing the right’s business.

17 Likes

The Enemy Within, NYPD Unit

6 Likes

15 Likes

Given that the NYPD is a more or less openly fascist organization, I don’t find it surprising at all.

24 Likes

And, as in organized crime prosecutions, it provides a way to trace the conspiracy up the ladder.

16 Likes

Frankly, this is the only way guys like that are ever able to swing pipe.

19 Likes

I’ll hazard a guess: Long Island shitbag shitcanned by IA.

9 Likes

I can.

9 Likes

(1) No help from Trump here.

(2) Racism tends to obliterate the perception of class differences, economic variance, consolidation of power at the top and social stratification, itself. It literally requires a binary view of life into in-group and out-group.

The in-group melding of Trumper to One-Percenter (and obliteration of perception of class differences within the tribe) is complete with the visage** of the One Percenter complete with Ball Cap, Flannel Shirt, Blue Jeans, Nikes…and Jeep

**which can take place visually in 1001 settings

14 Likes