Navarro Lawyers Attempt To Push Trial Until After His Book Tour

Former White House trade advisor and prominent Big Lie evangelizer Peter Navarro pleaded not guilty to two counts of contempt of Congress Thursday during a brief hearing in which his lawyers attempted to convince a federal judge to set a trial date for next year so Navarro has time to promote his next book. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1420399
1 Like

Navarro was represented Friday by two attorneys, John P. Rowley, III and John S. Irving. They confirmed to the court that they were moving to dismiss a civil lawsuit that Navarro had filed against the Justice Department and the committee.

You don’t say? Undoing that genius move?

35 Likes

The arrogance and entitlement of this schmuck boggles the mind. Book tour? Jesus.

63 Likes

What they tell the rest of us is “you should have thought about that before…”. What reason does the Court have to delay official biz because this jerk has a dud book deal in the works? Would that be done for the rest of us?

35 Likes

Umbrage, obfuscation, complications, gaslight, delays: it’s always the same playbook with these clowns; buying time to keep the grift rolling while the clock ticks down to Armageddon or whatever comes next.

22 Likes

Wow.

“I can’t testify about timely matters of critical national importance so that I can profit from my crimes, first.”

Got it. Needs to keep the cult under the “spell” until after the November 2022 election.

Yeah, that sounds fair. /s

35 Likes

I am not a lawyer, but my legal advice is to confess, plead, testify, maybe serve time, and be out by Christmas.

31 Likes

Does anyone ooze white male privilege more than this ass?

40 Likes

Navarro does have the option of negotiating a guilty plea, paying a fine, complying with the subpoena and being available for his book tour right on schedule. What’s the problem?

65 Likes

Again. Navarro is stupid, he should plead guilty now, do the time and he will be out on time by september he can call it the “Tour of Freedom: The book that landed me in jail”, the rubes will buy it.

32 Likes

Donald Trump for sure.

22 Likes

I am a lawyer and that’s good advice. But he won’t do it because (1) it might hurt book sales with the MAGAs, and really, who else would buy his book, and (2) see above re Trumpist white male privilege

21 Likes

And the Trump spawn, including Jarvanka.

5 Likes

Was his plea “not guilty” or “not guilty for reasons of insanity” because it sure sounds like that is what he is going for.

That also seems to be the only real question, should Narvarro cell have padding.

3 Likes

Have you ever met him? He is worse than arrogant and entitled.

11 Likes

If THAT doesn’t show ‘contempt’ and ‘arrogance’ I don’t know what does…he can’t go to trial because he needs to go on a book tour to spread MORE lies and disinformation?

22 Likes

No contest plea in exchange for the 30 day minimum recommended sentence and request for home confinement (if that’s available). Boom, done.

It’s actually a good sign that the lawyers are getting him to dismiss his crazypants civil case.

49 Likes

I have not. And hope not to!

3 Likes

Idiot. Certifiable idiot.

7 Likes

Poor Peter.

Nothing’s going right for him.

But, as my Mom said to me a thousand times, “Whose fault’s that?!”

21 Likes