MyPillow Guy Lindell Is Pulling Ads From Fox After Network Rejects His ‘Cyber Symposium’ | Talking Points Memo

One of Fox News’ biggest advertisers says he is ditching the network because they won’t advertise an event that will rehash old nonsense about the 2020 election. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1383003

This period of history is just studded with high-level and consequential fits of pique the way earlier ones are sometimes identified by the prevalence of shards of a certain type of pottery. What was it, five years ago, McCain made some disparaging remarks about Trump and Trump said he liked war heroes who weren’t captured and there was this huge, horrified intake of breath, and nothing happened and the torrent of fits of pique gushed forth and now it’s like the Great Flood, we’re just forty feet deep in fits of pique over every stupid thing.

42 Likes

It’s a form of Mutually Assured Destruction. Or maybe a form of Mexican Standoff. Either one works for me.

19 Likes

“Fox [News] does not talk about anything with the election,”

17 Likes

Lindell claimed to The Wall Street Journal, which first reported the news, that MyPillow spent nearly $50 million on Fox News ads last year and around $19 million so far this year.

On the one hand, that is some obvious bullshit. On the other hand, he’s definitely dumb enough for this to possibly be true.

26 Likes

And decent, upstanding loons everywhere say “oh no, don’t you go linking us with that nutter”.

commonloon

24 Likes

The internecine warfare amongst RepubliQan MAGAts makes me happy.

11 Likes

Ahhhh, cry me a river (into your crappy, overpriced, chopped foam pillow).

11 Likes

Hey Mike, how’s that re-instatement thing going? Wanna do a few lines later?

15 Likes

A Cyber Symposium produced by a pillow salesman.

Kind of like techno-dolt Rudy Giuliani being in charge of U.S. Cyber Security.

Speaking of…do we know for sure that Rudy didn’t hand over US secrets to Putin, while he was in that position?

17 Likes

What will happen as a result of this cyber symposium? According to Lindell, the Supreme Court will come to its senses and decide, unanimously, to make Trump president again.

Ummmm, by which article of the Constitution is this covered???

21 Likes

Crazy doesn’t begin to describe this guy.

10 Likes

Has anyone seen Rudy recently? Not that we should look for him as it is a relief NOT to see him, but he seems to have vanished soon after the July suspensions of his license in New York and DC.

11 Likes

The pressure of that looming August 13th deadline is showing.

Tee. Hee.

11 Likes

Not my circus, not my monkeys!

9 Likes

Not covered. Pillow-cased.

13 Likes

I heard that Rudy was doing drag for cash now. A lot of people are saying that…

17 Likes

When you contemplate the end of democracy in America, what kind of person do you think will bring it about? Maybe you picture a sinister billionaire in a bespoke suit, slipping brown envelopes to politicians. Maybe your nightmare is a rogue general, hijacking the nuclear football. Maybe you think of a jackbooted thug leading a horde of men in white sheets, all carrying burning crosses.

Here is what you probably don’t imagine: an affable, self-made midwesterner, one of those goofy businessmen who makes his own infomercials. A recovered crack addict, no less, who laughs good-naturedly when jokes are made at his expense. A man who will talk to anyone willing to listen (and to many who aren’t). A philanthropist. A good boss. A patriot—or so he says—who may well be doing more damage to American democracy than anyone since Jefferson Davis.

I like the picture at the top of the article.

9 Likes

I have noticed a few billboards on the highway by O’Hare airport in Chicago calling to “Audit the Vote” and “Trump won the election with over 120,000,000 votes”.

The displays are on new electronic billboards that alternate, I believe they have four ads that alternate, and one of the alternating ads on one of the billboards is for a strip club.

The point being those billboards are not cheap, are in Illinois that is totally controlled by Democrats and went for Biden by 17 points meaning it is a total waste of money if overturning the election is the goal.

The concern is the goal is not so much as overturning the election but causing civil war.

12 Likes

Lindell pushed it to September now, date TBD.

One more moron who I never need to see or hear from again.

10 Likes