Musk Confirms He’d Def Let Trump Back On Twitter

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who made a $44 billion deal to buy Twitter last month, said on Tuesday that he’d allow ex-President Donald Trump back on the social platform after he was banned for inciting the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1414610
1 Like

44 billion seems like a lot of money just to please the idiotic narcisist.

13 Likes

Elon Musk is a subversive. Wait until Musk has ownership of Twitter then put it out of business or make it worthless via regulations. I’ll bet every cent I own that Trumpy will be back on Twitter in a New York minute. I was looking at buying an Tesla, not anymore.

25 Likes

Trump said he would not go back on Twitter. We know his word is good right??? :laughing:

13 Likes

Musk called Trump’s ban a “morally bad decision” and “foolish in the extreme” during an event hosted by the Financial Times, per the Washington Post. “It alienated a large part of the country…"

The part that was sh-tting in Capitol hallways, beating police to death, invading the chambers with zip ties, and trying to murder the Veep and Speaker at the time?

39 Likes

Musk called Trump’s ban a “morally bad decision” and “foolish in the extreme” during an event hosted by the Financial Times, per the Washington Post.

As if he both can judge what is moral and be an arbiter when it is in question. And foolish? Has he looked at some of his kid’s names?

“It alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice,” he said.

Actually, it had a serious dampening effect on Trump’s presence. It has been quite nice. In fact, before Musk’s condemns it, may he should ban himself and see how it goes.

14 Likes

What a godd*mn fool! Musk actually thinks that by reinstating Rump, the gain in MAGA supporters will equal or overtake the number of decent citizens who leave Twitter. Does he really think that Twitter is so untouchable that if it turns into a sewer decent folk won’t find an alternative? In this day and age, Twitter isn’t some new novelty anymore that can’t be reproduced. (Better.) $44B is a lot of money for Musk to lose if he lets Twitter degenerate into 8Chan.

Of course, the one person who’s laughing his way to the bank is Dorsey…

16 Likes

So, it’s OK to yell “Fire!!” in a movie theater? So, it’s OK to yell incendiary and inciteful public comments?? So, it’s OK to lie and for public officials to spread dangerous lies with reckless abandon???

12 Likes

Yeah, that part. The portion of the country we now consider no longer housebroken. As a matter of fact, we should all make a habit of yelling “Get away from that potted plant!” anytime someone is identified as a MAGA lover.

19 Likes

Look at the bright side: That’s $44 billion getting pumped away from future Musk Foundation slushfunds, and being put back into much more productive use as … payments to needy investors such as the Saudi and Qatari sovereign wealth funds.

4 Likes

I am hopeful that Musk will drive away subscribers to the extent that Twitter’s bottom line is affected, causing him to lose gigabucks in his highly-leveraged buyout.

10 Likes

Twitter already does not make any money, and this loudmouth shitposter hasn’t spelled out how he plans to make it profitable.

But he’s good at making it obvious he wants to tank the deal.

16 Likes

I have suspected from day 1 that he is in it to manipulate the stock price.

16 Likes

It is truly mind boggling the lengths many will go to just to have their nose buried in that orange dumpster fire’s fat ass.

5 Likes

Recommend Hyundai motor group - Hyundai, Kia or Genesis. A lot of options there with an entire new platform arriving this year. Other manufacturers such as Ford are ramping up, and the option will only grow going forward.

10 Likes

I never tell anyone they’re wrong on the Intertubes, but I don’t think it’s that at all. Scumbag is merely a means to an end, and if you’re wondering out loud that you might allow Its account back on, who benefits? All that wonderful free press along with the turgid one-inchers standing at attention that might give you the impression they’re going to sign back up and even more, subscribe to it.

Scumbag has not suffered from not being on Twitter: even TPM make sure to puts Its fucking face above the fold about every few days or so. And you have to ask yourself: does one shitposter really want to have competition? NO.

1 Like

“I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on TRUTH,” he said during a Fox News interview in his latest Twitter post.

FIFY!

4 Likes

It alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice,” he said.

7 Likes

Musk is a screaming example of why no one person should ever have that much wealth.

8 Likes

My understanding is that Musk has harshly driven Tesla employees by claiming they have a moral imperative to save the planet with their electric vehicles. Yet now he aligning himself deeply with the forces that continue pushing petroleum. This has got to be sapping to employee morale and risks getting Tesla cancelled by the more liberal forces that have pushed for electric vehicle ownership.

Tl;Dr: what a dip shit.

10 Likes