Mueller Testimony Delayed | Talking Points Memo

Former special counsel Robert Mueller’s hearing before Congress is being delayed by one week to July 24, to Politico reported Friday. The hearing was originally scheduled for July 17.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1235013

Maybe he has Christmas free. Someone should ask.

2 Likes

Deep breath everyone, Mueller will testify, he’s not going to fall under Trump’s spell. He won’t go beyond his report, but just having him say it out loud will be enough to damage Trump, which explains the Republican panic. Be patient, we’ll get there.

7 Likes

This is what Congressional slow-walking looks like. This is not an accident; it is a deliberate strategy. Nadler first announced on April 29th that Mueller was supposed to testify on May 15th.

March 23: Mueller Report Issued

March 25: Nadler writes letter requesting report by April 2

March 29: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report

March 29: Nadler says April 2 still stands

April 2: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report

April 3: The House Judiciary Committee votes to authorize subpoena for report

April 3: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report

April 18: Nadler issues subpoena for report to be delivered May 1

April 29: Nadler targets May 15 for Mueller to testify

May 1: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report and misses subpoena deadline

May 3: Nadler sends a “counter-offer” letter with May 6 deadline

May 6: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report

May 6: House Judiciary Committee schedules vote to hold Barr in contempt on May 8

May 6: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report; DOJ Invites Nadler To “Negotiation”

May 7: Trump and Barr declare Report covered by Executive Privilege

May 8: House Judiciary votes to hold Attorney General Barr in contempt

May 9: Pelosi refuses to schedule full House vote on Contempt motion

May 9: Barr Jokes About ‘Record’ Contempt Vote in speech at DOJ

May 10: Nadler says Mueller will not appear on May 15

May 11: Nadler sends an “offer to compromise” letter to Barr

May 15: Barr jokes with Pelosi: 'Did you bring your handcuffs?'

May 17: Nadler delays Muller testimony until June

May 22: Still no House vote scheduled on Contempt motion

May 23: Nadler says Muller wants to testify “privately”

May 28: Mueller resigns. Pelosi still has not scheduled vote on Barr Contempt Motion

May 31: Nadler said that he still wants Mueller to testify

June 3: House vote Scheduled June 11 for on Barr Contempt Motion

June 4: Hoyer reports Nadler is talking to Mueller

June 4: Barr requests to re-open Mueller Report talks if Contempt Motion vote is stayed

June 6: Nadler says could issue a subpoena to Mueller within two weeks

June 10: Barr refuses to release un-redacted report; Nadler agrees to see what Barr deems “most important”

June 25: Mueller agrees to testify in public on July 17.

July 12: Congress still has not seen unredacted Muller Report

July 12: Politico and CNN report Mueller testimony delayed by at least a week.

8 Likes

Breaking News. Pelosi’s replacement just announced:

3 Likes

Donnie is going to have to manufacture another story and/or crisis in an attempt to toss Mueller off of the news cycle and public interest in tuning in.

3 Likes

Yeah, my first thought was it sounded like the Chinese Water Torture method being applied to Trump.

4 Likes

Can somebody please round up some primary challengers for Nancy Pelosi, Jerry Nadler, and Adam Schiff? Moral cowards, all of them.

3 Likes

Got 'em right here:

1 Like

I see the usual clowns are on the case to uncover the Secret Congressional Conspiracy or whatever! Democrats are #actually just trying to cover for Trump, or whatever! Burying the story and suchlike! Bothsides!!!

Wow, scheduling meetings is hard. Who knew.

5 Likes

Honestly, who cares at this point. Between the partisan incompetence of Comey and Mueller, coupled with Do-Nothing Nancy, this is a complete waste of time.

" CNN reported that the House Judiciary Committee is discussing the delay to allow more time for Mueller to testify and that lawmakers are still negotiating."

Madame Speaker what was that you were saying about getting al the facts ?

Folks,what is wrong with these Dems ?

And AOC is getting a lot of heat for telling it like it is.

" A spokesman for Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) has thrown down the political gauntlet with a declaration that the “greatest threat to mankind” is the “cowardice of the Democratic Party.”

3 Likes

Not the actual people who are directly doing the damage. Oh, okay, sure, that makes complete and total sense. AOC is a buffoon who hires buffoons, and I am more than ready for her fifteen minutes to be over. For the first time in my life, I may contribute to a primary campaign.

“Look at how many headlines I can make” is not governance.

5 Likes

Robert Mueller public hearing may be delayed one week

By Manu Raju and Jeremy Herb, CNN

Updated at 10:41 AM ET, Fri July 12, 2019

WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 29: Special Counsel Robert Mueller makes a statement about the Russia investigation on May 29, 2019 at the Justice Department in Washington, DC. Mueller said that he is stepping down as special counsel and that the report he gave to the attorney general is his last words on the subject. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 29: Special Counsel Robert Mueller makes a statement about the Russia investigation on May 29, 2019 at the Justice Department in Washington, DC. Mueller said that he is stepping down as special counsel and that the report he gave to the attorney general is his last words on the subject. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

(CNN) — The House Judiciary Committee is discussing delaying public testimony from special counsel Robert Mueller one week until July 24 to allow more time for Mueller to testify, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The agreement to delay the hearings in exchange for extended testimony is not finalized, the sources said, and lawmakers are still negotiating.

Mueller has been scheduled to appear on July 17 before the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees, in back-to-back sessions where 22 members from each committee would get to question the special counsel.

But the plan sparked an uproar from members on the Judiciary Committee in both parties over the limited time the special counsel was expected to testify, which would have shut out roughly half the panel from asking questions of Mueller.

Seem reasonable to me.

3 Likes

“…to allow more time for Mueller to testify…”

Yup, that’s the greatest threat to mankind. Like, for sure. To the barricades for The Glorious Revolution!

1 Like

AOC’s Chief of Staff Saikat Chakrabarti is a real grassroots organizer. The percentage of young people who turned out to vote in 2018 saw a huge surge.

He is spot on in this interview with the Washington Post:

“To me, there wasn’t a difference between working for her and working for the movement as a whole,” he said. “The whole theory of change for the current Democratic Party is that to win this country we need to tack to the hypothetical middle. What I think that means is, you don’t take unnecessary risks, which translates to: You don’t really do anything. Whereas we’ve got a completely different theory of change, which is: You do the biggest, most badass thing you possibly can — and that’s going to excite people, and then they’re going to go vote. Because the reality is, our problem isn’t that more people are voting Republican than Democrat — our problem is most people who would vote Democrat aren’t voting.”

9 Likes

“AOC is a buffoon who hires buffoons, and I am more than ready for her fifteen minutes to be over”

Your SLIP is showing.

2 Likes

LOL. This was designed to make Whiny sweat.

1 Like

Let’s keep it on the 17th, much better for me :grinning:

2 Likes

If you want to throw your money away could you just send it to me instead?