Most Of SD’s Prosecutors Endorse Hit-And-Run AG’s Potential Rival

Fifty-nine of South Dakota’s 66 state’s attorneys have endorsed Marty Jackley, the candidate gunning for South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg’s seat as the official faces criminal charges for allegedly killing a pedestrian with his vehicle.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1366385

Hilary’s emails. Benghazi. Obama’s tan suit.

5 Likes

Hopefully, this scandal also takes out the Sheriff, who aided and abetted the cover-up of the murder. Wish it could also take out Noem, but she managed to slide out from under.

8 Likes

From all I’ve read about this case, Ravnsborg has lost all credibility. He should resign.

5 Likes

At this point what difference does it make that the dead guys head went through Ravnsborg’s windshield?

6 Likes

Not to worry, the Tangerine Traitor will take out Noem. Nobody outgrifts the master.

2 Likes

Always figured Noem as the next Hope Hicks…

2 Likes

Given their breathless wall to wall coverage, I figured those had to be felonies.

You gotta admit, it’s not a good look when your state’s top law enforcement official takes out a pedestrian carrying a light, goes home, apparently to sober up, and only checks out the scene the next day.

6 Likes

It wasn’t to sober up. He was soberly playing with his phone, surfing the internet while driving, when he killed Mr. Boever.

3 Likes

It gets worse - Biden stumbled! :scream:

4 Likes

Do we really know that? And, the two contributing causes are not mutually exclusive. In any case, it seems to me that his actions warranted felony charges. Do you think a Black guy from NY or CA who was driving through SD and did the same thing would have gotten misdemeanors? Seriously, do you?

5 Likes

There’s still her out of state junkets on a state plane, which carries a statutory fine of 10 times the operating cost of the plane.

5 Likes

Well sure, Republican kills Democrat. Minor traffic citation, or better yet, a warning. Sad!

2 Likes

Should Biden sneeze on camera, Fox will suggest he has Ebola.

3 Likes

There are instances in criminality where the word allegedly is laughable…

No, I don’t think a Lakota or African-American driver would’ve gotten the same treatment. I’m from South Dakota, so you don’t need to lecture me about racial double standards.

I also know that the official documents proved that Ravnsborg was surfing his phone at the time of the accident, so I don’t need to speculate about drunk driving. He was already negligently driving distracted at the time he killed Mr. Boever. That isn’t “better” than driving drunk, so I’m not sure why the speculation is necessary.

1 Like