Morning Memo: The 14 GOPers Who Opposed Making Juneteenth A Federal Holiday

Erectile dysfunction?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Needs more cowbell.

8 Likes

(Sigh.) Manchin. I understand his situation and all. But this is a desperate rearguard action to save a weak commission that’s “bipartisan” in the make-believe way a child’s toy helmet that says “Junior Fire Chief” on it makes the child any kind of actual fire chief. He can’t be unaware of how the filibuster has been outrageously abused to frustrate the will of large majorities over and over again. He can’t be unaware of that.

9 Likes

My internal dialog is the voice of ATHFs Meatwad. I can barely understand myself.

2 Likes

I dunno; I thought your were showing me a bunch of different mayonnaise flavors at first.

4 Likes

4 Likes

They should make it a day off just for black people, and make all us whiteys work all day that day, for no pay.

3 Likes

The thing with Braddock’s call is that it is long, and his plans/fantasy are very detailed. This isn’t a general “I’m going to fucking kill you”, this is “I know Russian/Ukrainian hit men that I will have kill Luna”.

And since Braddock called after midnight:

After midnight, we’re gonna let it all hang down
After midnight, we’re gonna chug-a-lug and shout
We’re gonna stimulate some action
We’re gonna get some satisfaction
We’re gonna find out what it is all about
After midnight, we’re gonna let it all hang down (after midnight, after midnight)

4 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing . . .

2 Likes

Even Loony Louie Gohmert voted for it. Wowza!

1 Like

OT a tad, but it’s about time he conceded.

3 Likes

He was just trying to rehabilitate himself from the embarrassment of asking if the Bureau of Land Management could change the earth’s orbit around the sun.

3 Likes

I like a good joke as much as anyone, but I’m seriously tired reading about these assholes…and I’m not directing that at TPM’s editors.

1 Like

They’re all dicks, maybe? (In the metaphorical sense, of course.)

1 Like

My only surprise is that there were only 14 GOP votes against.

1 Like

Is there is a direct line between the leak of the audio of the Manchin - No Labels meeting and Manchin’s proposed voting rights reforms? That being said (or asked), I also agree with Stacey Abrams.

1 Like

I think there is.

And I certainly agree with Stacey - can’t understand why any Democrat wouldn’t.

1 Like

For some reason, whenever I see a photo of Gosar and/or Biggs the words “conspiracy,” “sedition,” insurrection," “140 injuries,” “5 deaths” pop into my head. Juneteenth is but another reminder that we have some distance yet to travel along the road to equality.

14 a-holes practicing calculated rudeness.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available