Morning Memo: Sorry, Suckas, Obamacare Isn’t Going Anywhere | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things have happened. Here are some of them.

House Republican leadership is indicating that they’ve given up their war against Obamacare after the Supreme Court killed Texas’ challenge to it yesterday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378246

Hard to believe Ronny Jackson was ever a real doctor.

35 Likes

The Death Blow To The GOP’s Anti-Obamacare Crusade

Any future crusades will have to be carried out by zombies. Mindless drones without the capability of individual thought, moaning about “Brains” and “Death panels” and “Deductibles”. Oh wait…

15 Likes

fat donnie really sucked at repealing O-care

17 Likes

Remember John McCain’s appearance in 2017 to lock it down…in the days in which Chump had just begun his Reign Of Error.

24 Likes

So did Yertle, I am rather pleased to say.

14 Likes

“Bet you didn’t that Trump Bet you didn’t that Trump “made Juneteenth very famous.””

To TPM editor, This probably should read " Bet you didn’t know that Trump “made Juneteenth very famous"

4 Likes

Ronny Jackson was a crappy doctor and he is a worse congressman. All he has to do is LISTEN to Biden…even PUTIN was surprised after being taken in by the ‘very talented Donald Trump’ what a serious politician Joe is but hey…

9 Likes

OT, but on today’s episode of “Half the Country Needs Therapy, Medication and Involuntary Commitment”…

Because, you know, Putin totally needed Biden’s help understanding that the electrical grid, power plants, bridges, dams, key government buildings, massive server farms that run the ISPs and phone systems and other communications, water treatment facilities, sewer plants, etc., are all prime targets for disruption attacks. Putin would never have thought of it on his own and absolutely hadn’t thought of it already…not in a million years.

27 Likes

The decision by a conservative Supreme Court to uphold the Affordable Care Act could usher in an end of a bitter, 11-year drive to get rid of the law, as both parties immediately began scrambling to recalibrate their strategies with a sense that the political reality of health care was immutably altered.

Some Republicans conceded Thursday that, after a decade of repeal votes, political campaigns and legal challenges, their quest to nullify the entire law probably is dead. Confronted with a 7-2 ruling that marked the third time the high court has preserved the law, some GOP members of Congress suggested that they would, instead, start plotting legislatively to trim back parts of it.

Of course, there is that definition of insanity, and these guys have demonstrated that they’re afflicted. Still, good news.

15 Likes

Mindless drones are already visible everywhere. They call themselves Republicans.

10 Likes
  • TPM is closing shop early today. Have a good unexpected long weekend!
    Bet you didn’t that Trump “made Juneteenth very famous.”

Some words have left already.

25 Likes

No money in it.

8 Likes

Who could have possibly predicted that Jared was the “Woke” one?

8 Likes

OT, this is how desperate they are and this asshat should lose his medical license.

Beat Trump like a runaway sister-wife at the debates, but he’s somehow mentally unfit. We need to just go to war and get this shit over with. The GQP Trump KKKult needs to be ended by all means available.

21 Likes

I’m sure Joe can say, “Man, woman, camera, TV.”

19 Likes

Mr. LaQueefa to the front desk, your test is scheduled.
Please come in person.

14 Likes

Are you saying I’m crazy!? YOU"RE the one who’s crazy! :smile:

(My memory ain’t what it used to be)

13 Likes

If we are talking precedents, I suggest Biden offer to take the test when Trump releases his tax returns. That’s been a precedent much longer than the past few years when a single President was thought, by this very same physician, to require a senility test. My physician has never suggested one for me.

5 Likes

OMG! You just failed the test! There were FIVE words and you forgot “person”! LOL

It’s always been my opinion that Trump failed the test too, because he couldn’t just generate 5 random words. He had to grab from what was immediately present in the vicinity that he could observe. Not only that, but the words are related to one another. I mean “man, woman, person”? Those are essentially words that fall into one category, i.e., “people” or “humans”…and it’s no mystery how “camera” and “TV” also function as mnemonics for one another as well.

21 Likes