Montana Republicans Seek To Entice Supreme Court With Chance To Strengthen Dangerous Tool

Gawd, I wish I knew. I have to believe that deep down somewhere in her soul, she has to wonder how she fits in with the B. S. of Thomas and Alito. When Thomas was Chair of the EEOC in the 80s, I wrote a long letter to him about job discrimination at the Company I worked at. I wish I had saved his response; I could read and feel the condescension coming through the page: I’m sure I tore it up after calling him an asshole.

6 Likes

Beard?

1 Like

At least the January 6 traitors were straightforward. I’d almost rather see that then this endless weasally cheating and legal maneuvering to destroy justice.

2 Likes

Using “justice” to destroy Justice.

2 Likes

Yeah.

Inherently dishonest people are forever ‘looking for an angle’, a way to game the system. DFG and his ilk are inherently dishonest.

3 Likes

like all wealthy cowards, they use the law to make the application apply only to the weak

4 Likes

the independent state legislature theory… would imbue state legislatures with enormous power over federal elections.

Gee, I wonder what the Republican Party thinks activist judges are.

5 Likes

THANK YOU! I knew I had no respect for Jeff Flake but couldn’t remember why I was disgusted by him. I feel like he spent months saying he needed to protect pre-ex and then voted for the GOP bill too.

I know it seems pedantic but it really is the essence of the principle; sorry to be repetitive

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time.

Frank Wilhoit
5 Likes

Maybe there won’t be as much crime in prisons now ; - )

1 Like

And everyone says that term limits will do the trick with SCOTUS. That we shouldn’t ever consider packing the court because it become an one-upmanship game every four years.

So as we do nothing (I get it that nothing can be done in the present moment) we allow SCOTUS to continue to strip more rights away. It will take a generation or more to regain what was lost if we let things stand.

But I’m just being hysterical here, I know. Please ignore my hysteria :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m cheering, although to be honest, I don’t think it matters to the election at this point. Everyone knows who they’re going to vote for, and I’m taking comfort in polling showing better support for Kamala than Trump. Early voting has started in some states, I think this election is baked into the cake and we win this.

I think this is a very solid take:

Just as Trump is unfit to serve, the Republican Party is unfit to govern. They have abandoned any obligation to the public interest, dismissed the legitimacy of their political opposition, and rejected popular sovereignty. To admit that Trump is wholly unqualified for the presidency is to reveal the brokenness of the party that would elevate him to run for it.

It reminds me a bit of David Kurtz, actually.

Man, I have really enjoyed his tenure at TPM.

4 Likes

Their bastard president, tRump’s buddy, must have gotten a shit load of grief from membership. They are mostly minorities. They knew f’ing the economy was only in trump’s interest.

The rethug party hasn’t shown one inch of governance skill since Ford left. They do not believe in it.